Anyone ordered from Lseat.com

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
chainlink71

Re: Anyone ordered from Lseat.com

Post by chainlink71 »

Incredibly disappointed in Lseat's customer service. Prior to ordering my seat covers, I asked for a swatch/sample of their leather color choices. I selected the color that was very close to my oem seats and ordered the covers. I paid for a custom logo and asked them to contact me before they manufactured the seats so I could give them the location, size, and color of the logo. They never contacted me even after I called and left a couple of voice mails. The covers arrived in several weeks with the logo on the headrest (not my preference), and more importantly, in the wrong color! I had ordered a medium gray and the seats they sent me were in a light gray (that exactly matched the light grey on the color sample). I submitted a return request and the customer service agent I dealt with (via email only) was very short in their communication and was adamant they sent me the medium grey seat covers (they call it Dove Gray). I sent them pictures of my current seats next to the color sample and the new seat covers next to the color sample, and the new seat covers next to the current seats...the differences in color were blatantly obvious. The agent continued to deny they made a mistake. To top it all off they are charging me 20% to restock the wrong seat covers they sent me plus $29 extra shipping. I will never order anything from Lseat again and I'm going to do my very best to make sure everyone knows the kind of business this is.
badwella

Post by badwella »

I just received my order from lseat.com. I abhor the pearlbeige interior in my car so I opted to do brown leather seats and black interior everywhere else (except headliner which may be future project). Inspired by Riley Stairs e28. I picked up 2 sets of electric sport seats at a good price of which I am using to build one good set (broken frames and missing parts, etc).

That shot from the last guy's upholstery job is terrible but I don't think that's because of the lseat kit. I received mine and the stitching is straight everywhere I've looked so far. Also, the seat foam does shrink over time so you may need to 'fluff' it back up using a fabric steamer or add new foam on top or even replace it with new foam. The leather can be shrunken down as well using a steamer to get a tighter fit.

I have reupholstered a few interiors using kits from multiple suppliers and it's definitely up to the installer to make it work right.

My e30 sport seat reupholstery diy is on r3vlimited. This was German Vinyl in oem silver from zoomzoomzoom-ing on ebay. I certainly learned a lot from this one, including the need to pull the fabric real tight on install. Looks great 7 years later except a crack in the driver bolster (should've used leather instead of vinyl but I was poor). I used leatherseats.com to upholster a family members Chrysler 300C and it turned out fantastic. Beautiful quality and fit. They get compliments on it all the time.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/ ... lstery-diy

The best kit I've used so far was the one from leatherseats.com based out of Oklahoma City but it's about $1k for just the front seat (e30 sport seat only) and no rear e28 seat yet. Maybe they are in need of a pattern before they can make new ones. I have a black donor skin I might send them so there will be other alternative suppliers.

Also, saddened to hear of poor customer service. If you are trying to match exactly oem color then it is difficult unless the supplied material is dyed by the same company, etc. I was doing a color change in mine so it didn't bother me. I actually had great responses from their customer service going back months as I wanted to initially have the centers done in tweed before opting on all leather. I am also having them make armrest covers for e34 comfort seats which I am adding to my sport seats. They are free for me as I supplied a new pattern for them they didn't have. lseat just received them so we'll see how long it takes to get them made and shipped back to me.
BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

I think I said this originally, you need to call them or email them with an order number. After that, they were far more responsive...
I imagine they get a lot of tire kickers and do not want to deal with it.

My seats are still in the same shape as when I installed them, with the exception of some pipping wear. If I did it again I would have not had pipping, but I wanted it to look like the original seats.