Window lock strip price gouging

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
iamcreepingdeath

Re: Window lock strip price gouging

Post by iamcreepingdeath »

topher800 wrote: Nov 08, 2022 9:16 PM Has anyone had successful recent purchase from e28 goodies? I ordered the lockstrip in late June, was charged, and have seen nothing. I sent an email last month and have not heard back.
When I ordered from E28goodies, they didn't reply to any of my inquiries at all for tracking info, etc, but then suddenly the package showed up a lot earlier than I expected it, so I stopped trying to contact them.
matreyia

Post by matreyia »

"I got the e28goodies locking strip a few weeks ago, fit and finish seems good, very similar to the OE one, I'm satisfied with the result but they have an incredible long shipping time, you really need to order from them an forget about it.

Here's some pictures of the installed locking strip:"

Oh man, thank god for this forum...just ordered two strips just now. Finally, no more stress about repainting the car with windshield removed.
Thanks a ton!

VT
topher800

Post by topher800 »

I finally heard back after a second email to them. He has been having [unspecified] issues getting another batch from the contractor who makes the lock strip....and has now given up. He is giving me credit or refund. But I think it means no more lock strip from e28goodies, at least for now.

Chris
iamcreepingdeath

topher800 wrote: Jan 15, 2023 1:34 PM I finally heard back after a second email to them. He has been having [unspecified] issues getting another batch from the contractor who makes the lock strip....and has now given up. He is giving me credit or refund. But I think it means no more lock strip from e28goodies, at least for now.

Chris
So E28Goodies is no longer selling the windshield lock strip? It doesn't show that it is out of stock or anything... https://e28goodies.com/product/front-re ... roduction/

We definitely need a supplier in the States for this...
topher800

Post by topher800 »

All I can really say is: he didn't want to string along people who already had an order in any more.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Anyone contacted https://www.restorationspecialties.com/ or any of the domestic restoration places? They have a window channel that works for E12s, although I haven't heard if it will on E28s. I contacted them some time ago about a sunroof seal and while they didn't really have anything, they seemed like nice people who tried to be helpful. Obviously oriented towards domestic cars, but all they can do is say no.
iamcreepingdeath

topher800 wrote: Jan 15, 2023 1:34 PM I finally heard back after a second email to them. He has been having [unspecified] issues getting another batch from the contractor who makes the lock strip....and has now given up. He is giving me credit or refund. But I think it means no more lock strip from e28goodies, at least for now.

Chris
I actually emailed them yesterday, and surprisingly they got right back to me, sounds like the chrome window lock strip is out of production, but they are continuing to produce and sell the black shadowline lock strip. I am not sure why anyone would ever buy the chrome lock strip anyway...
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

iamcreepingdeath wrote: Jan 18, 2023 9:28 AM
I actually emailed them yesterday, and surprisingly they got right back to me, sounds like the chrome window lock strip is out of production, but they are continuing to produce and sell the black shadowline lock strip. I am not sure why anyone would ever buy the chrome lock strip anyway...
Agreed, but the black still discolors, shrinks and gets funky looking too. It's not like a lifetime thing just because it doesn't have the faux chrome look.
iamcreepingdeath

Mike W. wrote: Jan 18, 2023 1:00 PM Agreed, but the black still discolors, shrinks and gets funky looking too. It's not like a lifetime thing just because it doesn't have the faux chrome look.
I was referring to looks only. I don't know anything about the longevity of the E28Goodies black trim. I installed mine a little over a year ago, but my car is garaged all the time and only goes out on warm dry sunny days, so I haven't seen any deterioration yet.