OT -- What's Your Favorite Beer?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
FastFiver

Post by FastFiver »

Time to bump the beer thread for the 4th!

Drinking an Anchor Steam today.
Rich Euro M5

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

Köstritzer Schwarzbier - Köstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei GmbH
a

Post by a »

Izzat a bottle in front of me , or a frontal lobotomy ? My favorite is what ever piques my fancy, lately, that has been Yeungleng. Or what ever the Sailor's latest batch is. When he is out on the salt keeping an LNG tanker going , he improves his equipment . Last batch was hopped to the moon, but it was great quality stuff. Or whatever crosses my path. Such as the bottled Kokanee at Ted's ..
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

I don't touch the stuff.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

oldskool wrote:I don't touch the stuff.
But then there's that Navin guy... :roll:

;)
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

In looking for something similar to what I had in Germany, I found a couple of local liquor stores that have hundreds of different beers in stock. I've spent a fair amount of money with them recently; in fact I blew a half-hour browsing in one of them last night, and went home with a couple of bottles to try. One of them was Trappistes Rochefort #10. Very nice brew and plenty potent; had quite a buzz on after just one 12oz bottle. But that one bottle was about $5.

I think that's the best one I've tried since I got back from Europe, but I'm still on the hunt.

I thought I found a source for the stuff I had over there (Gouden Carolus) but it turns out that name describes four or five different brews from Brouwerij Het Anker, and the Classic I ordered wasn't it. Close, but... Since then I've asked around and I think the stuff they served over there was Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to get my hands on a bottle of it. I've asked the shops in town if they can get it, and they're working on it, but I'll enjoy the hunt until they come up with something. :up:
Brian in TN

Post by Brian in TN »

Best beer ever was the batch Rexmo brewed and brought to the Chattanooga 5er Fest. ZOMFG! Smooth like a Yoo-Hoo but with the adult bevarage affect.
jamesohoh7

Post by jamesohoh7 »

Favorite kinds of beer:

1) Cold, free beer
2) Cold beer
3) Free beer
tsmall07
Beamter
Beamter

Post by tsmall07 »

Brian in TN wrote:Best beer ever was the batch Rexmo brewed and brought to the Chattanooga 5er Fest. ZOMFG! Smooth like a Yoo-Hoo but with the adult bevarage affect.
It was best after it was dumped into the pan of eggs and bacon. :rofl:
John in VA

Post by John in VA »

Brian in TN wrote:Best beer ever was the batch Rexmo brewed and brought to the Chattanooga 5er Fest. ZOMFG! Smooth like a Yoo-Hoo but with the adult bevarage affect.
It had barley wine in it, IIRC. I agree - very tasty!
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

One of our own, sixeye, has this craft beer still thingy in his garage.
He dropped by two weekends ago for a couple of parts and brought 6 cold bottles of his own making with him.
This stuff was some of the best I've ever had, both in taste and potency. I want more...
Hopefully this year's Tex-Fest LSB&F's event will feature a keg or two of it, stay tuned...
desperado

Post by desperado »

If you can get it, Billy Beer, or as they call it Willy Beer, Costs peanuts.
sixeye

Post by sixeye »

1st 5er wrote:One of our own, sixeye, has this craft beer still thingy in his garage.
He dropped by two weekends ago for a couple of parts and brought 6 cold bottles of his own making with him.
This stuff was some of the best I've ever had, both in taste and potency. I want more...
Hopefully this year's Tex-Fest LSB&F's event will feature a keg or two of it, stay tuned...
Thanks Sherman! I've got to get another fridge for fermentation (garage temps over 100 seem to kill them for some reason) and I'll be brewing again. Luckily I have a stockpile to pull from so it's not an emergency yet. I will definitely bring a keg of two of the blonde ale and maybe something else as well. We'll see. Oh, and if things go right I may have a freshly repainted e28 with me also...
Nicke28

Post by Nicke28 »

I had one of your beers last time I was over at Sherman's. Very good!
sixeye

Post by sixeye »

Nicke28 wrote:I had one of your beers last time I was over at Sherman's. Very good!
Thanks! Blonde ales aren't usually what I like to drink but I thought I would take a shot at making one for the summer and I am very happy with it.

As for my favorite beers at the moment...

Ranger Creek Oatmeal Pale Ale
Sierran Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA
(512) Pecan Porter
Stone Double Bastard Ale
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

Wow; almost a month since this thread was at the top.

I've had a couple of good ones lately; I picked up a bottle of Deschutes Obsidian Stout on a whim earlier this week and drank it last night; excellent stuff! One of the best stouts I've yet to try, and the reviewers at Beer Advocate apparently agree.

Another one I tried a few weeks back (and have another bottle waiting for me at home!) is Abbey du Val-Dieu Grand Cru. So far it's the closest thing to the ambrosia that was being served at Drupa in May. An excellent brew. About $9 for a 750mL bottle.

The thing I'm most excited about though is finding an online shop that actually has in stock some of that beer I had in Germany! Near as I can determine it was Hetanker's Gouden Carolus Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw -- France44.com had 9 bottles on hand last night. Had. Now they have four. The other five are on their way to me. Can't wait. I'll see if I can save a bottle to bring along to TexFest in October. No guarantees though. :D

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Just had a Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere, pretty good.
FastFiver

Post by FastFiver »

Great Lakes BC just released their Oktoberfest!

redunzo

Brewski

Post by redunzo »

With over an hundred and fifty breweries in the state, Oregon is, arguably, the epicenter of the craft brewing phenomena sweeping the U.S. The west coast has a plethora of just flat fabulous brewers whose beer-styles run the gamut of all established Styles, as well as, new, hither to unknown, Beers dreamed up to satisfy the desire to discover. I'd be very surprised if a large percentage of the members here weren't home-brewers, or acquainted with someone who is. Having built over a hundred batches myself in the recent past, I've put the recipe together as it happens, seeking something new & different every time. Give it a crazy name, and age it 'til you can't wait any longer. Pop a cap with a group around you and raise your glass!! I'm sure most will agree, the best is "The Beer we're Drinking Now!!!"
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

oldskool wrote:I don't touch the stuff.

;)

Don't know how I missed that comment earlier. :roll:
TSMacNeil

Post by TSMacNeil »

Easy...

Mike W.

Re: Brewski

Post by Mike W. »

redunzo wrote:...I'm sure most will agree, the best is "The Beer we're Drinking Now!!!"
Winner, we have a winner!!! :beer:
Karl Grau

Re: Brewski

Post by Karl Grau »

redunzo wrote:With over an hundred and fifty breweries in the state, Oregon is, arguably, the epicenter of the craft brewing phenomena sweeping the U.S.
California has almost 300 :wave: San Diego County is know as "The Hoppiest Place on Earth"
I thinks it's safe to say the West Coast is where everything is happening. ;)
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

Mississippi Mud

bigjay973

Post by bigjay973 »

Hooray Beer!!!