How to post photos using Flickr

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
duggi

How to post photos using Flickr

Post by duggi »

Since there's been a lot of conversation surrounding photos since that horrible service got more horrible, I decided to make a post on how I post photos to mye28 using Flickr. It works very well...see the series of images below (which I used this method to post).

ElGuappo

Re: How to post photos using Flickr

Post by ElGuappo »

Nice.
cek

Post by cek »

duggi wrote:Image

Thank you.

I prefer to leave the [url] tag in place though, so peeps can click through for a full resolution image.
simonm11

Post by simonm11 »

thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
duggi

Post by duggi »

cek wrote:I prefer to leave the [url] tag in place though, so peeps can click through for a full resolution image.
I should start doing that too, actually.
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

Calling a Beamter: Sticky this please.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

Nice writeup! Might also be worth mentioning that the image sizes in the Medium range work best; gives good detail, but not so big that it causes viewing problems for people on on slower connections.
duggi wrote:
cek wrote:I prefer to leave the tag in place though, so peeps can clic ... .jpg[/img]DSC02730 by davintosh, on Flickr[/code]
Delete all but this:

Code: Select all

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TJGbDq][img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4187/33957328290_4745be8d4b.jpg[/img][/url]
jpmadden3

Post by jpmadden3 »

This is great documentation, but unfortunately, Flickr doesn't give the same options regarding URL name/type - it just gives you this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195464943 ... res/0R67P1

This of course doesn't work, as I have read the FAQ and the file name has to end with *.jpg or *.gif or some other picture file format - perhaps there is a permissions thing I am missing on either forum or Flickr, but I can't find it.

Would love to contribute photos
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

jpmadden3 wrote: Apr 21, 2022 9:48 PM This is great documentation, but unfortunately, Flickr doesn't give the same options regarding URL name/type - it just gives you this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195464943 ... res/0R67P1

This of course doesn't work, as I have read the FAQ and the file name has to end with *.jpg or *.gif or some other picture file format - perhaps there is a permissions thing I am missing on either forum or Flickr, but I can't find it.

Would love to contribute photos
You must be clicking on the wrong choice in Flickr. This method has always worked for me:

jpmadden3

Post by jpmadden3 »

So are the screens the same as in this document - can I attach a pdf to this I can show what I see, which is different then doc?
jpmadden3

Post by jpmadden3 »

OK - so here is the distinction - MUST be on Photostream tab NOT Camera Roll.
Camera Roll does NOT give BBCode option - Photostream DOES

HTH others
cek

Post by cek »

New Flickr workflow...

One of the reasons I haven't posted as much as I used to is things got a lot harder once I started using an iPhone which natively stores it's photos in HEIC format, which Flickr can't consume.

I now have a workflow that is clunky but not too bad. Requires Windows.

- Step 1 is to figure out how to get your photos in HEIC format to sync to your Windows PC. I use OneDrive and the Photos backup capabilty. With this, every photo I take is eventually uploaded to OneDrive (and synced to my PCs) into a `Camera Roll\` folder.

- Once you have the HEIC photos on your PC, use the Windows Store app "HEIC to JPEG" (https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N83TKCGNLK3) to convert the photos you want to upload to Flickr. I simply drag & drop them onto the HEIC to JPG window with these settings:

- When "HEIC to JPEG" is done it will open the folder with the converted JPEG files.

- Simply drag & drop them on to the Flickr Upload web page.
Dimm6

Post by Dimm6 »

jpmadden3 wrote: Apr 21, 2022 10:42 PM OK - so here is the distinction - MUST be on Photostream tab NOT Camera Roll.
Camera Roll does NOT give BBCode option - Photostream DOES

HTH others
I finally figured this out on Flickr. You have to be In Your Photo stream. When you click on the little arrow to Share you have to go over to the BBC code in the little box that pops up. Copy that link and paste into this forum. But there’s an extra step. You have to delete all text before the first “[img]” and after the last “[img]”

This works for me while using my iPad on Safari. I don’t use the app. I hope this helps.
gino

Post by gino »

Question: is there a way to bring the entire photo stream from Flickr or do you have to do each photo individually? In case one wants to show an entire project with about 90 pics, maybe to the "for sale" section for example...?
cek

Post by cek »

gino wrote: Mar 31, 2023 8:46 PM Question: is there a way to bring the entire photo stream from Flickr or do you have to do each photo individually? In case one wants to show an entire project with about 90 pics, maybe to the "for sale" section for example...?
You can download an e[ntire album: Click on the download button in middle of album title and a ZIP file will be created.

gino

Post by gino »

cek wrote: Apr 01, 2023 8:59 AM
gino wrote: Mar 31, 2023 8:46 PM Question: is there a way to bring the entire photo stream from Flickr or do you have to do each photo individually? In case one wants to show an entire project with about 90 pics, maybe to the "for sale" section for example...?
You can download an e[ntire album: Click on the download button in middle of album title and a ZIP file will be created.

Thank you for the response and info. I still have to tighten up some small loose ends on the car before I put it up for sale. I've also been debating whether I should post it on "Cars & Bids" but it will be a while before I decide.