What did you do to your E28 today?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
willyv124

Re: What did you do to your E28 today?

Post by willyv124 »

Finally got around to having a shop install an auto solutions short shift kit i had bought a couple years ago. Replaced the bushings/mounting points as well. Definitely a lot tighter now. It takes more force to get into into gear and also my existing shift knob keeps popping off. So I ordered a condor speed tall weighted shifter and now im eyeing a new shift/ebrake boot from renown. Excited to see how it will really feel once i get the new shift knob and im not worried about pulling the knob off while shifting.

Before: https://youtu.be/eZrO6YhM4d8
After: https://youtu.be/fo5gXIj3h94
willyv124

Post by willyv124 »

Condor weighted shift knob installed and man does it feel good.

cam_belph

Post by cam_belph »

Polished up the valve cover a bit. Waiting on the correct size valve cover studs to arrive so I can continue reassembly after head gasket replacement. I’m hoping to get it running reliably then start to clean the entire engine bay and start on the list of other things I’d like to address with this ‘88. I will say the the motor and the things attached to it that I’ve worked on look wayyy better than I when I hauled the car home in May.
austin8753

Post by austin8753 »

performed the (almost) annual oil service on my m5. disappointed i only covered 1500 miles since September, 2020. :/
cam_belph

Post by cam_belph »

Installed new radiator and new hoses, replaced a fuel line and a couple vacuum hoses. Installed the fuel rail/ injectors. Picked up some coolant and hose clamps from the parts store.

It’s damn hot here in Memphis!