FS: 1986 535i Artic Blue - AMMO Car

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
fancyganci

FS: 1986 535i Artic Blue - AMMO Car

Post by fancyganci »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's with a sad heart that I am listing this car. It is an Arctic Blue exterior with Pacific Blue interior, 86 535i. The odometer states 24530 on it, however, on the door jamb, a recent service tag states 209,000 which leads me to believe its 233,530, but TMU. Long story short, I had high hopes of doing general maintenance to the vehicle and then routine fluid changes and brake pad changes, etc. as its life went on. However, once I brought it to our local classic BMW shop to get it roadworthy, it was determined far more was needed beyond what I initially anticipated.

As of this typing, the work needed is a complete tuneup, all new fluid flushes, all new hoses, front and rear brakes to include calipers (which reportedly are good enough to be rebuilt) and the front driver's side corner of the hood had a rusted through hole. I understand that these cars need love and proper attention, but this was not the level of attention thought to be needed to a car in this condition. The body is unbelievably straight and solid and the paint (besides the roof) is almost immaculate. Most of that being in part to Larry at AMMO NYC bringing it back to life. There is zero rusting around either cowls on the front or any other obvious spot on the body.

The vehicle runs, shifts into gear and rolls without issue up and down the driveway, but again, it has never been driven on the roadway while in my possession due to my personal prerequisites to get it safe and roadworthy. I did post here previously about it dying after shifting into gear, but it was diagnosed to be a vacuum leak and nothing major. There is video proof (for those who might doubt me) of the vehicle being driven while in my possession in the below Google Drive link. There's also a good amount of pictures I took of the car as well. I will answer as many questions as possible. This is a great project car for someone who might have more time and money than I do and can be restored to a solid daily driver. Or if someone wants it as a parts car, I guess you could do that too. Feel free to PM me or reply here, either or works for me. Google Drive and AMMO links below.

Asking $2,500 obo. Located in CT.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

AMMO NYC Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S9KWl0e6wo&t=30s
fancyganci

Re: FS: 1986 535i Artic Blue - AMMO Car

Post by fancyganci »

Sold. Mods can close. Thank you.
BillW in StL

Re: FS: 1986 535i Artic Blue - AMMO Car

Post by BillW in StL »

I saw this video. Great story.