FS: '88 BMW 535i in Orange County

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
timastyle

FS: '88 BMW 535i in Orange County

Post by timastyle »

Selling my beloved E28 '88 BMW 535i. I just don't drive it as much as I want to, so I'm looking for a good home. Here's some info:

NOTE: PASSED SMOG ON 1/21/23 and registration renewal is on the way.

The Good:

All new suspension installed a year ago using mainly Lemforder parts

173k miles on the original engine (estimation as the odometer stopped working a few months back). Drives strong and without issues. I also have the oil sample report for anyone interested

New OEM front windshield with OEM weather strip

Black interior in excellent condition (bought OEM parts - power comfort seats in front, rear decklid/speakers, door cards and armrests - from donor cars and the previous owner dyed the floor carpeting from beige (original interior color) to black

OEM 535is front spoiler and fog lights

New battery

JVC aftermarket radio with Bluetooth connectivity Spare parts include additional door cards/handles, beige rear decklid with functional speakers, AFM, ECU, steering gearbox and others. Partial service records which includes all the work I've done to it in the last year of ownership

The So-So:

BMW style 42 with new tires - wheels could use a refinish as they have some curb rash and finish wear

Previous owner put black plastidip or something on the chrome trim around the windows. I took most of it off, but there's some reminisce left.

AC works ok. If it's sitting outside in the heat and you try to use, you're better off not.

Speedometer reads 5 mph faster than you're actually going

Some of the weather strips around the windows are starting to wear and will need replacing in the near future

The Bad:

Black exterior paint - you can tell it was a cheapo job, but looks good from 10 feet away. Body also has some minor dings that could be worked out when painted

Odometer stopped working approximately 1,000 miles ago

Automatic transmission - has a nuisance leak. My plan was to do a manual swap (have all the parts minus the shift knob and boot that I'd consider selling separately if interested)

Dash has cracks, but have a carpet cover on it - I have a crack free dash I was planning on installing, but never got around to it. I'd consider selling separately if interested

Willing to let it go for $10,000. If you want the manual swap and crack-free dash, let me know and we can work something out on the total for all.
Here's a link to my CL listing with pics (couldn't figure out how to post on here). https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto ... 88228.html

Feel free to reach out with any questions or pic requests.