FS: 1985 535i 5-speed

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
alpinass

FS: 1985 535i 5-speed

Post by alpinass »

Up 4-SALE is a 1985 535i 135K (original) Getrag 265/6 (only year), 3:25 OPEN Diff. Arctic Blue with pearl beige. Blue paint is sun faded - Straight body - very CLEAN. The pearl beige leather is in excellent condition because the P.O. had sheep skins on the front seats. They are soft & supple. Rear seat shows well and the leather is soft. No dry stitching on the top of the rear seat. Carpets good - just need to be cleaned & shampoo'd. Dashboard has many cracks but, for an additional cost can provide a Beautifully recovered Dashboard in German vinyl.

Just replaced the rear dogbones/bolts and throttle body boot. It will need rotors/pads.

The windshield has a long crack from top to bottom. I have a replacement Green stripe Windshield in stock.

All power options are fully functional - Windows, Mirrors, Sunroof, Central locking, OBC, Radio - COLD A/C and Fog Lights.

The fuel filter & pump are recent. 15" BMW wheels - tires OK. BMW mud flaps!

Tool Kit is Complete with blue rag. Jack, chuck, lug wrench present. VG spare tire. Gray fiber Trunk material is in VG condition. No stains/grease marks.

H1/H4 Hella Headlights. New Battery.

Footnote: When the car was on the upper level car carrier - I did a complete walk around. Looking for obvious leaks - oil pan, transmission and diff were dry. ZERO RUST on floors, jack points & rockers. In 38 years no one 'Jacked up' the wrong points. Spare tire well and gas tank nice. The power steering was no working - Opened the hood, saw a tear in a bad hose, so the fluid was drained. I had a replacement BMW hose in stock - installed and didn't know if the pwr steering pump was working. I had a good tested spare - Installed Pump along with new Continental PS belt, A/C belt and Alternator belt. Fresh fluid - quiet & working perfectly.
The under carriage is dirty - My intention was to power wash - she needs a bath.

Lastly - I always do a oil/filter change - oil was Clean! I opened the oil cap and was Shocked - the cylinder head valve train looked brand new - just rebuilt. Every metal part Clean - no varnish.....I checked the head gasket yep....origional. This is a solid e28, sorry it has to go:(

$7500 with a Clean Title
text 8183771060 Paul
Profile36

Re: FS: 1985 535i 5-speed

Post by Profile36 »

What a beauty, do we know if any accidents or paintwork? Are the vin tags all there?

Someone is going to be real happy with her.

-M
Lee74

Post by Lee74 »

very nice. i'm interested. have to check and see if wife is ok with me getting one now.
alpinass

Post by alpinass »

Since my post...had some interest. A fellow BMW enthusiast flew out to take a look....car was SOLD!👍