did anyone follow this one on BaT? 1985 Zinno 535i from AZ

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
Foonfer

did anyone follow this one on BaT? 1985 Zinno 535i from AZ

Post by Foonfer »

(non-affiliated, just in case)

This one ended today and didn't meet reserve. I found it to be honest, not perfect, but very well above "clean" status. I can't understand why it didn't seem to gather that much interest.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985- ... nts-anchor

Most intriguing is the fact that our very own Chris Kohler, who is based in Arizona but demonstrates encyclopedic knowledge of ownership history of every E28 West of the Mississippi (and some of them East too), is on a first-name basis with most previous E28 owners, and offers up very useful, first-person insight on many many E28s auctioned off on BaT, did not even make a chirp in the time this Arizona-plated car was on the block. Everyone deserves a vacation I guess, and it's that time of the year.

Only things I didn't like were the dash, the head unit, the speakers and the "comfort" seats but hey. I did say the listing seemed "honest". Oh, and the tool tray was top notch, concours-adjacent... much better than the one in the "stunning, supeeeeerb, bestest fastest M5" ad discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=158734
wkohler

Re: did anyone follow this one on BaT? 1985 Zinno 535i from AZ

Post by wkohler »

I tried to post a comment on that auction three times and each time was unable to do so. I was able to post on other auctions so not sure what happened.

I like the car and have liked it since I first saw it on Priest Dr in Tempe, but the left rear quarter had me pretty concerned about what lurked beneath. Photos left a lot to be desired. I still think it should have done better.
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

I am very surprised that this car traded for that price. It looked like a nice example to make one's own in its next life.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

It didn’t sell, so it might still be available.
Foonfer

Post by Foonfer »

wkohler wrote: Sep 09, 2022 1:48 AM I tried to post a comment on that auction three times and each time was unable to do so. I was able to post on other auctions so not sure what happened.
This seems to be not that uncommon on BaT, and I have also seen it affecting potential buyers trying to put up a bid.

Sorry to hear what happened. I look for your comments every time anything from an E3 to an E30 comes up for sale on BaT... but especially on E12s and E28s which are the ads I tend to focus on the most.
M5ER_28

Post by M5ER_28 »

I bid up to 8500 in the final minutes and lost interest.