WTB: 524td driver to great condition (CA)

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
dasklein

WTB: 524td driver to great condition (CA)

Post by dasklein »

Hey all,
I'm looking for a e28 524td diesel bimmer. Open to condition, but prefer driver condition all the way up to super clean euro spec. I have semi wide budget range. Rust or excessive body work a turn off. Motor swaps are welcomed.

I'm located in SF Bay Area, CA but open to options.

TIA
vandiesel

Re: WTB: 524td driver to great condition (CA)

Post by vandiesel »

I have one without rust and no major body issues. I did the bigger brakes and some other upgrades. It was total driver condition until the key on the crank gave out. I haven't had the time to fix it but it is a fairly easy fix. My car is in Portland. You can text me 503-332-83I3. Brad
dasklein

Post by dasklein »

vandiesel wrote: Aug 10, 2022 3:13 PM I have one without rust and no major body issues. I did the bigger brakes and some other upgrades. It was total driver condition until the key on the crank gave out. I haven't had the time to fix it but it is a fairly easy fix. My car is in Portland. You can text me 503-332-83I3. Brad
Thanks! Will reach out.
fission_chips

Post by fission_chips »

I have two of these that I am interested in selling. One 86 Bronzit, 135K, some rust on driver's rear quarter panel but rest of car is near perfect. Replaced full steering, lifetime driveline, was my daily driver, really only around town. Another 86 Arktisblau metallic, 160K been garaged with zero rust. Located in Eugene, Oregon, I've owned these for 17 years, driven very little. Also a storage shed of parts including 5 speed swap, starters, manual window conversions, bunch of stuff. I see you have other options but I am just getting to selling these so thought I would put them out there. I was a very active forum member back then, health and career have forced me to give up turning a wrench.
Sharkski

Post by Sharkski »

dasklein wrote: Aug 09, 2022 7:17 PM Hey all,
I'm looking for a e28 524td diesel bimmer. Open to condition, but prefer driver condition all the way up to super clean euro spec. I have semi wide budget range. Rust or excessive body work a turn off. Motor swaps are welcomed.

I'm located in SF Bay Area, CA but open to options.

TIA
I have a pretty sweet, genuine red euro 524td with a brand new rebuilt fuel injection pump which I just recently did. Shoot me a message and I will send you photos.
dasklein

Post by dasklein »

Sharkski wrote: Aug 22, 2022 6:03 AM
I have a pretty sweet, genuine red euro 524td with a brand new rebuilt fuel injection pump which I just recently did. Shoot me a message and I will send you photos.
PM'd!
dasklein

Post by dasklein »

Thanks for sharing! I've tried to join this group twice... not sure if mods are active anymore?
dasklein

Post by dasklein »

Bump... Would love to find a very nice 524TD!