1983 524TD Project Car

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
mike357

1983 524TD Project Car

Post by mike357 »

Messy car with a messy story, but it's a rare car and I'd like to see it end up in the hands of someone who will appreciate it instead of going to a junkyard.

Turbodiesel 524td. Non-running project and no title. This was my brother's project and he lost interest and left it at my place. I helped him do a head gasket, timing belt, starter replacement, and turbo rebuild. Car will not start and seems to have blowby at the rear of engine. Valves looked fine when I had the head off so I have no idea if it's a valve problem, or something as simple as a glowplug left out. I can confirm that the timing is correct and fuel is getting to the engine. I have no interest in the project for myself so the car needs to go as is. Caveat emptor.

In addition, it will need a new ignition switch (the actual switch, not the tumbler), the radiator plugged for a pinprick hole, and additional cleaning, since there were mice in it at one time. One taillight cover is broken. The car itself is actually in really nice condition externally, not rusty, was not always a Montana car.

Sold completely as-is, $500. Located in Missoula, MT.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/gyDHyyu