1984 533i Alpine White / Pacific Blue

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
richardb

1984 533i Alpine White / Pacific Blue

Post by richardb »

Last edited by richardb on Jul 27, 2022 9:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Shadow

Re: 1984 533i Alpine White / Pacific Blue

Post by Blue Shadow »

Watched the video. The blue rag is original. That is what I have with my car a Feb 85 made 535i, light colored rag, no logo.

I wouldn't pan the bumpers so much, instead 'sell' the advantage that a 2.5 mph bump will do no damage compared to the € bumpers needing replacement and some body work. Or better yet, when getting to the trunk carrying a case of beer, rest it on the bumper held by your knee as you unlock and open the trunk. No need to put the case on the ground.
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

A wonderful time capsule!
Weight difference quoted between 533i and 535i is most likely due to power seats becoming standard and often measurements in one version might include full tank and others empty. I'll bet if you put them on the scales that 150-pound difference would disappear. Wouldn't put too much emphasis on the 533i as superior than the 535i, since I was selling the E28 when it first came out and we know the truth! Torque is king in the USA. (My 535i as an early car came with manual seats.) You have a beautifully preserved example that should make someone very happy, just as it is!
richardb

Post by richardb »

Thanks everyone for the comments. Thanks for verifying the blue cloth is original! The long time owner said it was original too, but I wasn't sure due to the lack of a logo.

Some interesting early model e28 things:

*Manual seats
*Cat ear style headrests (love this design)
*No BMW logo on the blue tool kit cloth
*No VIN tag stickers on the body panels, just the dashboard
*TRX wheels and tires were standard
*Early version on board computer (OBC)
*Horsehair cushions still used in seats vs. later car's molded foam
*No ABS, brake pedal very responsive!

What do you guys think is a good target price range for a car like this in today's market?
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

Looks like a very well-kept car. One of my favorite color combos too, same as my E24.

Did I miss it stated somewhere or is the indicated mileage on the odo correct at 221,XXX?
flamingo

Post by flamingo »

Is this still for sale? Interested. Located in Florida.