161,753 miles (TMU)
Cinnabar Red over Pearl Beige
4-speed Automatic
VIN: WBADC8402H1720906
Located in Memphis, TN

Google Drive Link to photos:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/f ... Zv8dzwoKPE

Price: $5,750

I am the fourth owner, purchased last May with TMU, odometer stopped at 161k miles (New ODO gears included). Since then, I've probably added a bit over 2,500 miles. Car is located in Memphis, TN.

Mechanically
Automatic transmission is beginning to fail in my opinion. It was shifting fine, despite a leaky transmission cooler line that I’ve always kept a keen eye on, but now has refused to get out of limp mode – stuck in 3rd gear. Sometimes after warming up, the transmission light goes away, and the car will stay in first gear. I attribute it to either an electrical, or valve body or issue – but I haven’t yet let a professional diagnose it.

Engine has been replaced by the previous owner as was explained and showed to me through photos, and it has a different VIN (WBADC7404J1717487). Runs fine, starts every time, and doesn’t leak oil. Reportedly to have had fuel lines replaced, fuel filter, fuel tank dropped and cleaned, and cooling system replaced as well, but I have no documentation on that.

Fuse is blown for the Heater/Air Condition, and I have not addressed that as it wasn’t a priority for me.

Rear LSD feels to lock up fine, especially on the skinnier tires in that were on before the Style 5s that are on there now.

Suspension could use a refresh, some squeaks, but tracks well down the highway. Stabilizer bar Tie Rods replaced. Steering Tie rods should be next.

Other odd & end new parts, such as TPS, ICV, Mid Exhaust Flanges/seals, new battery, and Accelerator cable linkage, bushings, grommets.

Due for an engine oil change soon, been using Valvoline VR1 20w-50 High Zinc for past three oil changes/three years (Has been on a yearly cycle since previous owner – known him for quite some time, and I’ve worked on this car longer than I’ve personally owned it).

Transmission fluid is about 2 years old, with the need to add about 150 ml per 1,000 miles. I have been using Redline D4 ATF – you are welcome to have the remaining couple quarts left of surplus.

Coolant about 2 years/previous owner

Differential Fluid about 2 years/previous owner

Not sure about brake fluid age, but brakes function properly, and pads and rotors have plenty of life left.

Exterior
Overall, it presents well from a distance and has a great first impression. On closer inspection, you will notice dents/scratches/oxidation around the car – it will need a repaint, and some dents knocked out if you want showroom condition ((Driver’s door – some creases) (Passenger rear quarter - larger indentation)). Hood and front passenger fender have been repainted at some point in the past, and now the clear coat has failed on those panels - but still have the original VIN tags. These are things that you should be able to spot in the photos.

Original wheels were replaced with 16 inch style 5s from an E38, with brand new Kumho Ultra High Performance All-Season tires. No rubbing issues. Some ‘curbing’ scratches that can be seen on the lip of the wheels, but overall fair condition. The old original 14 inch wheels mounted to Douglas tires will be included in sale – tires still have probably 90% of life left, and the wheels are in fair/good condition, they have newer emblem hub covers.

Rocker panels are free of any major rust, but some denting underneath.

Roundel emblems front & rear, Taillight seals, trunk seal, lower side window seals, front & rear windshield seals & chrome trim insets replaced. Needs sunroof seal replaced still – didn’t bother me as I parked it in my garage, and the sunroof works great. I have a car cover for it too, that will go along with the sale (used twice).

Interior
Inside is clean, but has a few tears in the headliner, and cracked dash.

I still have the original driver’s side sport seat, which will be included with sale. It was missing a passenger sport seat when I purchased it, so I put in electric comfort seats until I could locate a passenger side. The sport seat would need to be reupholstered, but the comfort seats that are in there now are in good condition with some small noticeable wear.

Passenger Rear window does not go down.

There are a few minor tears in a few spots on the rear seats.

New custom Lloyd carpet floor mats, and Lloyd rubber all-weather trunk mat.

New rear amplifier and head unit – Bluetooth streaming works great, and the aesthetic isn’t too modern or out of place in a 35 year old car. The exterior antenna no longer works.

I have a clean and clear title, in my name.

I have this posted on other sites as well

Email me at jsfisher99@gmail.com for more details, or any questions.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Jfish901 on Apr 27, 2022 2:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.
onesidedsquare

Re: FS 87 535iS Auto

Post by onesidedsquare »

g drive link doesn't work
Jfish901

Post by Jfish901 »

Yes I am noticing that - hang tight

Edit: Should be fixed now.
Jfish901

Post by Jfish901 »