My 86 Schwarz on cardinal is on BaT

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
muleskinner

My 86 Schwarz on cardinal is on BaT

Post by muleskinner »

What a long strange trip it's been. Maybe this is a little pathetic on my part, but most days since joining the board in 2007, I've clicked on this forum on my daily favorite website browsings.

Since I joined the forum, I've owned (and documented to various degrees...hey, I'm not cek, OK?) three e28s on here, including this one. I've gotten to know a bunch of you over the years....I want to give a big shoutout to all my euro friends I've met on this board especially, for sourcing a bunch of euro parts over the years.

At any rate, we're all getting older, and I'm hopefully going to be spending a lot more time in Spain the next few years, so I'm selling my three vintage bimmers starting with this one ('99 2.8 Z3 coupe and 2000 323cic with hardtop next).

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-bmw-535i-24/
Adam W in MN

Re: My 86 Schwarz on cardinal is on BaT

Post by Adam W in MN »

I saw it hit BAT and vaguely remember the low miles and sourcing from MN story. Good luck with your auction, I'll be watching. And good luck in Spain!
gray635

Post by gray635 »

The car looks great. She'll do well on BaT. Hope it brings all the money for you.

This might be the nicest non-M5 headliner I've ever seen in one of these. Where's the glue stains on the c-pillar??? :shock:
rod paine

Post by rod paine »

What a great beauty and I hope it goes to a very good home and owner. My 528e is now long gone, but now at 82 years old I am driving a 2019 Audi RS 3 on all the country back roads I drove my E28 many years. I've slowed down a bit but am still driving 3 days a week as weather permits and have found the Audi RS 3 to be a truly great machine. Can't work on it at all due to all its changes and no service manual, but just as well as my age doesn't like crawling around under automobiles anymore.

Hope all is well with the guys I know who may still be here. And my BMW website is still here at https://www.mye28.com/tech/rods_pages/.

-Rod
N44RP

Post by N44RP »

Awesome car and color combination.
And equally as awesome resource from Rod.

Not to derail anything but if anyone has additional sites like Rods please pm them to me!
gray635

Post by gray635 »

Sold for $29K. Well done. The euro bumpers just make these cars. And make the money! :D
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

gray635 wrote: Apr 09, 2022 9:09 PM Sold for $29K. Well done. The euro bumpers just make these cars. And make the money! :D
The claimed ~50k-miles didn't hurt, either!
muleskinner

Post by muleskinner »

As far as the claimed 51K miles, that's what the Carfax report shows. $29K was ///M5 territory when I bought the car, so I'm not complaining :D . Of the five e28s I've owned over the years, this is by far the cleanest, and I've thoroghly enjoyed being the steward of it.
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

Not questioning the claimed miles, just suggesting mileage was as important as condition in the auction result.

Simple math would indicate that my '85 with 200k should be worth 1/4 of that price? :rofl:

Honestly, all the days it languished around $9k, I figured it would not end at less than $20k.
alps

Post by alps »

Wow congrats!
muleskinner

Post by muleskinner »

Heads up to all the SoCal folks, it's moving to L.A. Hopefully, you'll see it around. Meanwhile, I'll try to not get nostalgic every time I see that poster in my garage.

rod paine

Post by rod paine »

Good luck with the sale and I hope it goes to a good home, where it will be driven and
enjoyed frequently.

I sure miss our E28, but our 2019 Audi RS 3 has certainly turned out to be a great
replacement, along with its many technical improvements and performance capabilities,
that even my 82 year old body appreciates!
-Rod
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

Congratulations to you both!
Any idea what part of the LA area it's coming to?