WTB E28

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
sicalps82

WTB E28

Post by sicalps82 »

I'm in Los Angeles and on the hunt for an automatic, preferably a 528e. I'd consider out of state ones, too.
sefb222

Re: WTB E28

Post by sefb222 »

My fiancé has a cream puff low mile super eta auto she’s considering selling. 136k miles or so, auto, two prior owners, oregon car (no rust)

It’s had the timing belt done recently, and we had the trans seals replaced.

It’s got the occasional check engine light that I haven’t had a chance to chase down yet, but it runs and drives great. Black leather interior, bronzit paint in good shape. crack free dash.

Shoot me a message for my phone number and we can chat, and I’ll text you some pics.

We’re in Portland.

-Seth
austin8753

Post by austin8753 »

sefb222 wrote: Jan 30, 2022 12:26 AM My fiancé has a cream puff low mile super eta auto she’s considering selling. 136k miles or so, auto, two prior owners, oregon car (no rust)

It’s got the occasional check engine light that I haven’t had a chance to chase down yet, but it runs and drives great. Black leather interior, bronzit paint in good shape. crack free dash.

Shoot me a message for my phone number and we can chat, and I’ll text you some pics.

We’re in Portland.

-Seth
will attest to this being a really well sorted car - sad to see it go
sicalps82

Post by sicalps82 »

Perfect and thank you. Please send #, maybe this will be an excuse to see friends again in PDX!
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

I know you're looking for an automatic, but Doug Park (photopark) is about to put up for sale a fantastic eta here locally (Corona). It's a fantastic low mile example in great original condition.
sicalps82

Post by sicalps82 »

vinceg101 wrote: Jan 30, 2022 12:01 PM I know you're looking for an automatic, but Doug Park (photopark) is about to put up for sale a fantastic eta here locally (Corona). It's a fantastic low mile example in great original condition.
Thank you for the heads up!
sicalps82

Post by sicalps82 »

sefb222 wrote: Jan 30, 2022 12:26 AM My fiancé has a cream puff low mile super eta auto she’s considering selling. 136k miles or so, auto, two prior owners, oregon car (no rust)

We’re in Portland.

-Seth
Perfect and thank you! Hoping this will be my other excuse to see friends again in PDX!
sicalps82

Post by sicalps82 »

austin8753 wrote: Jan 30, 2022 3:53 AM

We’re in Portland.

-Seth
will attest to this being a really well sorted car - sad to see it go
Great feedback from a great shop!
sefb222

Post by sefb222 »

Congrats on your new car, Noel. It was a pleasure meeting you and having you at the house with us. Gina will miss her baby, but we’re happy she’s in your hands.

sicalps82

Post by sicalps82 »

sefb222 wrote: Feb 09, 2022 12:44 PM Congrats on your new car, Noel. It was a pleasure meeting you and having you at the house with us. Gina will miss her baby, but we’re happy she’s in your hands.

Thanks for the alley-oop, Seth. Miraculously you nailed down the year and color without me even mentioning it. You went above and beyond in seeing this through. Excellent hang, I not only got a new whip but 2 new friends from the experience!
thosmc

Post by thosmc »

Wow congrats. Looks like a really nice car and I like the color combo and wheels.
Not sure why I am chiming in here, but I live in the northeast of USA and so many of these cars are just rusted beaters. I am always envious of the clean cars on your side of the country. Have fun and enjoy.
sicalps82

Post by sicalps82 »

thosmc wrote: Feb 10, 2022 6:05 AM Wow congrats. Looks like a really nice car and I like the color combo and wheels.
Not sure why I am chiming in here, but I live in the northeast of USA and so many of these cars are just rusted beaters. I am always envious of the clean cars on your side of the country. Have fun and enjoy.
Thank you, I am super stoked as you can imagine. Seth and Gina were sent down from the bimmer gods to make this dream come true.
I hear ya about the northeast, I had an E21 shipped from the Bay Area to Brooklyn when I lived there. It was great for awhile but even though it was never driven in the snow it was parked on the street and all that moisture eventually got to it, exacerbating the minor rust issues it had when purchased.
The E21 is back in California since I moved here in 2020 and runs great thanks to legit vintage BMW mechanics here. Since the cost of trying to restore this far exceeds the cost of a rust-free vintage bimmer the hunt began for a bigger/better shark nose. I’ll likely keep the E21 as my beater, it cleans up nicely even with its rust and is still fun to drive.
Fun fact that I realized yesterday: The E28 and E21 were purchased nearly 10 years apart to the day: 2/6/22 vs 2/3/12
muleskinner

Post by muleskinner »

Always good to read a success story. Bronzit, once the red headed step child on this board, has redeemed itself! Full disclosure, my very first e28 was an '87 Bronzit on llama 535i 5 speed.