FS - 1986 535i

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
stread96

FS - 1986 535i

Post by stread96 »

1986 BMW 535i/A
Bronzit Beige / Black
142k miles +. Odometer stopped working but gears were replaced about 6 months ago.
Completely stock and unmolested - besides 15" Style 2's wheels - has original spare!

The automatic transmission has recently been serviced in 2016 and shifts well. Transmission as the Sport mode but I never use it. It drives straight and it drives well. The control arms are original and could benefit from a replacement. Car is mostly a city driver but it can do 70 on the freeway without issue. Shocks have been changed to stock Blistein’s all around. Master cylinder recently replaced. The wheels look decent and missing center caps but looks stock to an unknowing party. Tires are 215 60 15 have plenty of wear left on them. New battery was installed earlier this year.

The interior is in good condition. Seats/door cards/carpet/plastics etc are in good condition but seats are good but leather is showing wear marks. The dash is cracked but not too bad. Sevice light is on but I expect that can be fixed by changing the internal battery. Has a BMW stock radio but not the one that came with the car originally. Radio produces sound in AM only. FM band is intermittent and not enough to consider it working. The factory toolkit is complete and unharmed.

A minor front bump has a minor dent of the valance that can be fixed to your liking but does not effect the overall look of the car at first glance. The car has a few minor dings from use and paint has wear spots in the surface panels. I’d call it good at 20 feet but as you get close you see the issues but still good considering 30+ original years on the paint. Has the original exhaust but will likely need be fixed or replaced but passes CA smog "as is" without issue. Car has been in California for all of its life that I can tell and I cannot find any rust on the car.

LOCATED IN SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA

I am asking $5200 for this car, or best offer.

If you are interested and want to know more about the car (see pics) please call or text me at - 9 onesix-five4one-zero9four1
Last edited by stread96 on Dec 08, 2021 11:31 AM, edited 1 time in total.
stread96

Re: FS - 1986 535i

Post by stread96 »

BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

Those "bottle-cap" wheels with the hub-cap look even better with the centers painted black! Nice to see I'm not the only one with that idea.
garageboy

Post by garageboy »

I am rare to reply on one of these postings (and it's usually to make a snide remark)...

But I don't think you're asking enough for this car. Minimally-cracked dash, good condition original leather comfort seats (have you used leather conditioner on them?), clean front and back, clean trunk... this car should go quickly. I've seen others ask close to double for cars half as clean, but they're on the delusional side Your car looks quite nice.

If you took photos of the undercarriage, and there is no discernible rust, you could ask far more! GLWS!
stread96

Post by stread96 »

Thank you for the positive comments garageboy. Undercarriage photos would really just show more of the same. This car has been stored in my garage the entire time I have had it and I expect garaged before me as well. The price is what it is and I am considering it my no haggle price, so to speak.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Has it sold? I see the CL add is down.

John
Stread86

Post by Stread86 »

CL post is back up and car has not sold.
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Stread86 wrote: Jan 01, 2022 4:34 PM CL post is back up and car has not sold.
New link?