FS: Parts car or Beater 1983 533i 5 speed g260/5 (SoCal)

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
Pancho22

FS: Parts car or Beater 1983 533i 5 speed g260/5 (SoCal)

Post by Pancho22 »

Hello guys, I've been a long time lurker on the forum and I recently bought some wheels off someone locally and they told me I should post this car here.. so here she is.

FS: 1983 BMW 533i 5 speed manual (getrag 260/5)
202k on the clock

I bought this on impulse off a friend. I replaced some fuel lines and did an in-tank fuel pump conversion with a new pump and it starts up now.

Cleaned fuel tank
New fuel pump (in-tank conversion)
New fuel filter
New fuel hoses in rear
(3 expansion lines, fuel pump and filter lines)
Replaced dead battery
Installed matching set of wheels, tires need replacing (Have all 4 Center caps)
Missing fuel level sender

I got it to fire up but it needs more work to get it on the road. I haven't driven it, it has no cat or muffler. I put it thru the gears while it was on jackstands but haven't driven it.
It is a 38 year old PROJECT car that has been sitting for years. Perfect for a fun beater or simply a parts car.

NO title, I will provide a bill of sale
Owes tags in Cali $751 to bring up to date (May 2001)
You can check here : https://www.dmv.ca.gov/wasapp/FeeCalcul ... walForm.do
PLATE #: 4CIF981
VIN: WBADB7403D1047020

Pics and short vids
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZGepni1J3vMvR2wD6

$1500 obo
I can discount some stuff if you just want it for parts, for example..
$100 off if I keep my fuel pump assembly (w/ new pump)
$100 off if you bring your own wheels
$50 off if you bring your own battery

Any questions feel free to ask. I'll try to answer it as best I can but I've only owned it for a bit over 1 month.
Thanks!
cross posted

Update: turned it on today and moved it under its own power, albeit just in the driveway but nonetheless. Left it idling for roughly 15 mins, added a few more pics and a short video to the link above.
Last edited by Pancho22 on Oct 19, 2021 10:21 AM, edited 3 times in total.
BMWCCA2

Re: WTS: Parts car or Beater 1983 533i 5 speed g260/5 (SoCal)

Post by BMWCCA2 »

Wow! That's a rough project. Kudos to you for taking it on. Can't blame you for quitting. :up:

(That's about what I paid for the car I drove to the Vintage earlier this month!)
Who pays to update the California registration? You? Or can anyone else just ignore that cost? Just curious.
Pancho22

Post by Pancho22 »

BMWCCA2 wrote: Sep 29, 2021 10:20 PM Wow! That's a rough project. Kudos to you for taking it on. Can't blame you for quitting. :up:

(That's about what I paid for the car I drove to the Vintage earlier this month!)
Who pays to update the California registration? You? Or can anyone else just ignore that cost? Just curious.
Yeah it has seen better days, I saw the 5 speed and went for it lol. But I as got more into it I realize that it's going to need some more time and money and I'd rather work on other projects. I've been neglecting the e30 next to this one in those pics for too long.

As for the registration, I would say either out of state is better or ignore it as you say and use it as a track/ beater. Which was the option I was leaning towards since the chasis already has that ding in the rear qtr panel (or for parts). I guess if someone wanted to get it back on the street, paying is always an option.
Spen

Post by Spen »

For only 1500 I don't think you should have spend so much time and cleaned up so nice for the next guy.

Is the air freshener "Black Ice" or "Black Mold"?

Just having a bit of fun, glws =)
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

No interest, but usually FS (for sale) is used when something is for sale, and WTB (wanted to buy) when you want to buy something. In other words you might have better luck if you revised the title of the post to FS: Parts car...

GLWS!