1984 533i 5 spd LSD For Sale NJ

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
13entley

1984 533i 5 spd LSD For Sale NJ

Post by 13entley »

Good afternoon.

I have owned this car past few years, and unfortunately I have been living overseas and really wanted to try to save this car for IF I ever decide to return to the states.. I had plans to have this car stored with a friend but unfortunately that fell through and do not want to pay to store it in a storage facility while I am gone so I have come to terms to sell it.

Car does needs work, I will be returning back to the states this week and will be back for 3 weeks. Will be reregistering the car and reinsuring and hopefully getting it to run ( battery has been drained by a 3rd party alarm system , and my father watching it cannot drive stick ).

It is a 1984 533i 5 spd manual with LSD in burgundy red with black interior. The interior seats are practically flawless for its age, backseat looks like no one was ever in it. Unfortunately though the front dashboard has the cracking issue. I will list out the pros and cons of the vehicle.

Pros:
Engine has ~110k miles, odometer stopped working shortly after I purchased it about 5 years ago at 87k miles. I drove it max maybe 12-15k in those years as it was a secondary car.
Engine cranks everytime.
interior leather is excellent for age.
Shifting seemed ok before I left

Cons:
Anti Theft system is tapped to be draining the battery constantly ( in all honesty wish I just removed it before I left )
Sunroof isn't functioning ( something with the way the alarm system was wired )
During heavy rain the diff tended to slip and the car was going into some kind of limp mode.
Paint is in terrible shape. Roof / trunk were plasti'd because all paint was faded, looked ok when first done but now that is pretty chipped as well.

Best summary I can say is, car is definitely beat up, but runs and drove just fine last time I took it out ( end of 2019 ) and unfortunately I would love to keep it but really can't afford to store it while I am overseas.

Asking around $2000 ( I really do not know the value as of this post and will do some research, I think with the age this may have increased since last I checked even if used as a shell ) . Will be adding pictures soon.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by 13entley on Aug 16, 2021 10:04 AM, edited 1 time in total.
13entley

Re: 1984 533i 5 spd LSD For Sale NJ

Post by 13entley »

Images added
DW83533i

Post by DW83533i »

I am very interested. Let me know when you get back into town. I would like to see it running, and drive it. What about the usual rust areas? Can you provide some pictures of those areas?
Thanks, Dan
DW83533i

Post by DW83533i »

Oh, can you also elaborate on the Diff Slip when wet????? Is this the Limited Slip Differential? I am not familiar with how this works. Is there some electronic function to turn it on or off? I thought they were all just Mechanical....
thanks, Dan Oh, by the way I am in Ohio, so I can make it to JN to drive it and pick it up.
MattC

Post by MattC »

PM sent
artman

Post by artman »

Hi - I live in New Jersey and would be interested in coming to check it out. Would you please message me your contact information so we can connect? Thanks!
e34 530

Post by e34 530 »

Hello, wondering if this car ever sold? Sent a few PM's and emails. Local in NJ as well. Thank you.