Want to Purchase: E28

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
N44RP

Want to Purchase: E28

Post by N44RP »

Looking for a nice example, name your price.

Preferences:
East Coast
Manual

Ryan
gsidman

Re: Want to Purchase: E28

Post by gsidman »

I have a barn find '88 M5 currently under resurrection in northern California. Years ago I had a restoration business in Monterey. I thought I would never restore another car, let alone do another worthwhile barn find. This car fell into my lap a few months ago and was so good overall that I decided to bring it back to life, detail it out, drive it a while and sell it. It runs great, goes like hell and everything works. I am the third owner.

246,000 miles in excellent overall condition. No accidents, original paint, VINs match, engine room now completely restored with new stickers and new wrinkle paint on plenum and valve cover, interior in very good condition, no cracks or breaks in the leather but wants only cleaning, the boot is perfect, the self leveling system is gone, the BBS wheels have been restored to factory silver with new Continentals. No rust in body, rocker panels, engine room or boot. It will get a new hood liner and sound insulation. There are two 12" trunk mounted speakers with a big amp. The radio will be replaced.

The widow claimed the engine was rebuilt around 1999. The car was last registered and parked in a windowless garage in early 2004. We have the complete service records up through August 2003, but no receipt for a rebuild. Oil changes and the maintenance schedule were well kept at various SF bay area BMW dealers. When we pulled the valve cover, the cams, tray and cover were pristine inside - like new. It has new front rotors and pads and a bunch of new bits and pieces as needed. All shadowline trim has been restored to factory matte finish. In about a month the car will go in for complete body paint and a new windshield. I intend to have the dash upholstered in new leather.

Given recent sales on BaT, and when completed I believe this car will easily fetch north of $50,000. I have a complete set of restoration process photos. I will let the car go to a serious buyer at any stage of the restoration at the right price. VIN WBSDC930XJ2791029

sidman@sidekarr.com 831 601-1776
N44RP

Post by N44RP »

gsidman wrote: Jun 26, 2021 8:39 AM I have a barn find '88 M5 currently under resurrection in northern California. Years ago I had a restoration business in Monterey. I thought I would never restore another car, let alone do another worthwhile barn find. This car fell into my lap a few months ago and was so good overall that I decided to bring it back to life, detail it out, drive it a while and sell it. It runs great, goes like hell and everything works. I am the third owner.

246,000 miles in excellent overall condition. No accidents, original paint, VINs match, engine room now completely restored with new stickers and new wrinkle paint on plenum and valve cover, interior in very good condition, no cracks or breaks in the leather but wants only cleaning, the boot is perfect, the self leveling system is gone, the BBS wheels have been restored to factory silver with new Continentals. No rust in body, rocker panels, engine room or boot. It will get a new hood liner and sound insulation. There are two 12" trunk mounted speakers with a big amp. The radio will be replaced.

The widow claimed the engine was rebuilt around 1999. The car was last registered and parked in a windowless garage in early 2004. We have the complete service records up through August 2003, but no receipt for a rebuild. Oil changes and the maintenance schedule were well kept at various SF bay area BMW dealers. When we pulled the valve cover, the cams, tray and cover were pristine inside - like new. It has new front rotors and pads and a bunch of new bits and pieces as needed. All shadowline trim has been restored to factory matte finish. In about a month the car will go in for complete body paint and a new windshield. I intend to have the dash upholstered in new leather.

Given recent sales on BaT, and when completed I believe this car will easily fetch north of $50,000. I have a complete set of restoration process photos. I will let the car go to a serious buyer at any stage of the restoration at the right price. VIN WBSDC930XJ2791029

sidman@sidekarr.com 831 601-1776
Thanks Sidman. Sounds quite nice, I’ll shoot you a message.
N44RP

Post by N44RP »

Bump
Adam W in MN

Post by Adam W in MN »

I have one for sale. See my helpful and informative for sale thread.
N44RP

Post by N44RP »

Adam W in MN wrote: Sep 24, 2021 8:52 PM I have one for sale. See my helpful and informative for sale thread.
Thanks Adam. Not quite sure what’s going on in that for sale thread. Shoot over some details if you get a chance.
N44RP

Post by N44RP »

Searching still
Joey28

Post by Joey28 »

N44RP wrote: Oct 02, 2021 8:49 AM Searching still
PMd you.
Neptunetraveler

Post by Neptunetraveler »

I have an ‘85 535i fully restored manual car that was sold on BAT earlier this year. PM me if interested. I’m in the Carolinas.