WTB this exact 1987 535is. If you know where it is, please let me know.

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
dividebyzero

WTB this exact 1987 535is. If you know where it is, please let me know.

Post by dividebyzero »

(also posted this in the General Conversation section)

https://imgur.com/a/vXMYC5U

The E28 you see in the pics in the link above was last owned by my dad's cousin which he bought used in (iirc) 2006 and had until he donated it almost a year ago.

I love older BMWs like this one. My dad owned a 1983 320i for many years, so i was really excited back in the day when my dad's cousin bought this one. This was his regular car from 2006 until 2011 when he got a newer Honda, but he kept this car as a backup/weekend car.

Starting around 2015, due partly to several mechanical problems it had plus him being busy with other stuff, he stopped driving it altogether but kept it nonetheless, as he was planning to fix it up after he was finished being busy with all of his other stuff.

After about five years of driving the car only every now and then, he decided on a whim to just get rid of it back in March. I was really bummed because he didn't even bother to tell me even though he knew i loved this car, and by the time i found out what he did, the car was being auctioned off on Copart. (That's where i got these pics from btw.)

Someone else ended up snagging this car for about $300-400, and i have no idea where it ended up. I really enjoyed driving in this car, and i was gonna tell my dad's cousin that i'd be happy to buy this car from him myself if he didn't want it anymore, but i sadly never had the chance.

I'd still very much like to have this car. If, by some miracle, you know where it is, please let me know.

Car: 1987 BMW 535is
VIN: WBADC7406H0964574
Color: Diamantschwarz Metallic
cek

Re: WTB this exact 1987 535is. If you know where it is, please let me know.

Post by cek »

Looks like it was last titled in CA in 2006...

FWIW, at least in WA State if a car is scrapped it gets recorded and shows up in NMVTIS, like this car that I parted out and then junked:

So perhaps it's still on the road in CA...
kojo96

Post by kojo96 »

I vaguely remember this car going through a local (N CA) copart auction, maybe 2+- years ago. Do a search, it was posted here somewhere, you should find it.
dividebyzero

Post by dividebyzero »

cek wrote: Apr 04, 2021 2:56 AM Looks like it was last titled in CA in 2006...

FWIW, at least in WA State if a car is scrapped it gets recorded and shows up in NMVTIS, like this car that I parted out and then junked:

So perhaps it's still on the road in CA...

Thank you for the heads up! Yeah, i'm still holding out hope it's out there somewhere. I think most likely (and my biggest fear) is that whoever bought it wanted to buy it so they could part it out. Not gonna give up the search though.
dividebyzero

Post by dividebyzero »

kojo96 wrote: Apr 04, 2021 3:26 PM I vaguely remember this car going through a local (N CA) copart auction, maybe 2+- years ago. Do a search, it was posted here somewhere, you should find it.
Hmm interesting. Thanks for letting me know! What i do know is that it was auctioned off from Copart just barely over a year ago in mid-March 2020. I've tried searching through the forums, but can't find a post on this car yet from that time. Do you by chance what specific forum it appeared in?
kojo96

Post by kojo96 »

dividebyzero wrote: Apr 04, 2021 8:32 PM
kojo96 wrote: Apr 04, 2021 3:26 PM I vaguely remember this car going through a local (N CA) copart auction, maybe 2+- years ago. Do a search, it was posted here somewhere, you should find it.
Hmm interesting. Thanks for letting me know! What i do know is that it was auctioned off from Copart just barely over a year ago in mid-March 2020. I've tried searching through the forums, but can't find a post on this car yet from that time. Do you by chance what specific forum it appeared in?
Just go back to that date +- in this sub forum and do a search. It should be there but I don't know if it'll tell you where it ended up.
dividebyzero

Post by dividebyzero »

kojo96 wrote: Apr 05, 2021 1:57 PM
dividebyzero wrote: Apr 04, 2021 8:32 PM
Just go back to that date +- in this sub forum and do a search. It should be there but I don't know if it'll tell you where it ended up.
Sadly, i can't find it. My guess would be that the user deleted the post. Oh well, still gonna look for it. It's gotta be out there somewhere.