A Nice '87 535i Found A New Home

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
JRBATL82

A Nice '87 535i Found A New Home

Post by JRBATL82 »

I have an '87 535i 5 speed. It was repainted about 2 yrs ago with black granite pearl. It has a superb crimson interior, dash with no cracks, excellent black carpet bought from a totaled M5, a rebuilt head, performance lowering springs, performance shocks, new slotted rotors, water pump, oil pump, fuel filter, fan clutch, hoses, truck and door seals, Miller magnaflow G3 and brand new COMPLETE END TO END SUPER SPRINT STAINLESS EXHAUST(3500.00 if you go to order it today) including custom fit headers, (meaning I've already done all the cussing and fitting for them) Restored BBS wheels and new low profile V rated tires. All parts were bought from Turner. And NONE of them have been used. The new MAF has never been installed.

My son recently passed last June from covid-19 and I have no interest in finishing the car. The intake manifold is sitting in my office with new injectors. Oh, and it also has all shadow line trim and lights and an exceptionally nice rear spoiler. Unfortunately, no one seems to want to offer a fair price since they can't start the car which sort of reeks of hoping to get a nice set of high-end parts for nothing especially considering that even if I was a jerk with a bum engine this is still a no brainer considering the new parts value and the integrity of the body, paint and interior.

It seems a real shame to part out this car and send a solid painted body to the crusher. All the lower end was strong with great compression. I pulled the head and rebuilt it because the cam and valves showed wear and it needed injectors and some other top end refurb. It was easier to simply pull it off.

Add up the parts value. I'll entertain any REASONABLE offer. I want it gone by the end of Feb 2021 otherwise, I pull off the parts and send a really nice body to the junkyard. That seems like a real waste to me.

Work Needed to complete & drive:
• Install intake manifold and associated hoses etc… (new injectors already installed)
• Install Miller G3 MAF
• AC hoses & Charge
• Belts and hoses ( I have new)
• Complete frt caliper rebuild and install (I have new steel braided hoses) Rears should be done as well
• Complete dash instrument reinstall. (plugs and small misc.)
• Shifter needs bush replacement or just change out for a short shift
• Frt end align. of course. (wheels and tires were race shop balanced)
• Radio Ant.
• Clean and troubleshoot rear light bulb connections and usual misc. things we do to any car before it goes on the road again.
Last edited by JRBATL82 on Feb 05, 2021 5:33 PM, edited 2 times in total.
leadphut

Re: It's Sad To Crush A Nice '87 535i manual

Post by leadphut »

I'm very sorry to hear about your son passing. My sincerest condolences.
cek

Post by cek »

96cali

Post by 96cali »

Really sad to hear about your son. Sounds like he had his heart into the build.

To facilitate a sale it might be helpful to include some basics like where the car is and a couple pics. Also as someone who does not know the value of the parts perhaps a starting price or some frame of reference on the low ball offers you’ve received?

Edit: just read your other thread and it seems you are in Atlanta and having issues posting pics.
JRBATL82

Re: A Nice '87 535i Found A New Home

Post by JRBATL82 »

I want to thank all of you who so quickly and kindly offered to help put this car back on the road.
I appreciate the thoughts as well guys.

The 535 found a new home today as an 18th birthday present and a new father/son project.
The best outcome possible.
-R
leadphut

Re: A Nice '87 535i Found A New Home

Post by leadphut »

:up: