FS/FT Feeler- 34 Touring with issues in San Franciscos

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
fastenerpuller

FS/FT Feeler- 34 Touring with issues in San Franciscos

Post by fastenerpuller »

TLDR:
1993 Cashmere Beige 525i touring lowered with SLS delete. ~250k salvage title, needs major TLC. In no hurry but time to move on. Should I trade it? Sell it? How much do you think I should ask for? As usual, I am also interested in upgrading to a nicer e34 touring.

Hi team-

I've regretfully decided to part ways with my touring. It was once a restoration candidate and now has more problems then I feel capable of handling. It has been my DD for several years. I need to sell it and buy something new or trade for something that needs a little less attention. Just thought I would tap the wisdom of the elders here and see if anyone has any interest or advice. Please comment or send me a DM.

THE BASICS:
I bought the car from the second owner ~4 years ago and have since put about 40k on it. I got some help locally and had the SLS deleted and replaced the stock suspension components, along with a few other things. I started to make little fixes here and there and nice it up. Sadly, my boss sideswiped the driver's side in the parking garage at work and Progressive didn't want to pay. I got someone to do the body work and it is... eccentric looking. The current suspension is pretty harsh, the exhaust is noisy and the seats are in pretty rough shape. That said, I commuted nearly 40 miles a day in it for years with very few issues. People love it and it looks good.

Right as the pandemic was starting, I had the oil pan replaced along with a few other things to try to address persistent oil leaks. Unfortunately about a week ago I went for a longer drive and the car overheated badly. I now suspect the head gasket may be blown but I mostly am feeling like I have to admit defeat. These e34 tourings are becoming like a needle in a haystack it seems.

-FP

SOME THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN DONE:
SLS Delete
Bilstein + Vogtland installed
New suspension bits all around (Lemforder + Moosehead)
Replace guibo
Replace Aux water pump
Valve cover gasket, spark plugs
Brake master cylinder
Oil Pan gasket
Hood and hatch struts
Felt headliner up front
+ many more odds n' ends

THINGS THAT ARE WRONG
Head gasket/ overheats
Ride is low and rough, sounds like a rear strut mount may be loose
Exhaust is noisy
Front seats are worn with some tears
Headliner is sagging
Radio and cruise no worko
Rear hatch wiring is iffy (can't open rear glass etc)
Bodywork will not be put in Louvre but overall ok

THINGS THAT ARE STILL KICKASS
It's a wagon and it looks great
Drives pretty well when it does drive
Dinged up but stylish BBS
AC blows cold
Sunroof works perfectly
Red & black e28 cocomats actually look pretty cool in there

Here's a link to more images:
https://imgur.com/a/jVwOLIk
fastenerpuller

Re: FS/FT Feeler- 34 Touring with issues in San Franciscos