WTB: Top-shelf E28/FOUND, SORTA

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
Collin380

Re: WTB: Top-shelf E28/FOUND, SORTA

Post by Collin380 »

Gorgeous Alfa...Congrats Mike!

Nothing wrong with a little variety in life. Enjoy her;-)
Last edited by Collin380 on Sep 27, 2020 5:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

Congrats on your purchase; it looks like a very nice one. The engine in those is a jewel!
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

Not quite sure how you get from wanting ONLY euro bumpers on an E28 for the aesthetics to the Alfa, but all the best to you! :beer:

Bought two back in the late '70s when we were considering the franchise. NIki Lauda Spyder special edition and an Alfetta sedan. Alfa was unable to supply simple parts we needed for these brand-new cars and that's during our dating period when they were trying to woo us to become a dealer. I hope all that improved for your version.
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Shawn D. »

gray635 wrote: Sep 22, 2020 10:24 AM some of the "older" folks on the board from Atlanta (Sean D, I'm looking at you!) will probably remember that place
Yep, I do! I went to high school with his son (didn't really know him, though -- different crowd, different grade).
gray635

Post by gray635 »

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! And I understand the :? :? One of my old car dealer friends would call me every time he had an unusual trade-in. He called them "bastard cars", and he knew I had a soft spot for the illegitimate children of the car world. I even bought a Peugeot diesel wagon for my wife once! Wonderful front seats. Pretty crappy car.

Shawn, I persist in misspelling your first name! And I know better! Post fixed. Apology issued! :oops:
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Shawn D. »

gray635 wrote: Sep 27, 2020 8:37 PM Shawn, I persist in misspelling your first name! And I know better! Post fixed. Apology issued! :oops:
Ha! Thanks, Mike. ;)