Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
muleskinner

Re: WTB: Top-shelf E28 - FOUND IT!!!

Post by muleskinner »

:pics!:
gray635

Post by gray635 »

There's lots of photos in the Google Photos link above. Apparently some folks can't access that. Sorry for my technical limitations. :oops:
Last edited by gray635 on Aug 30, 2021 8:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.
muleskinner

Post by muleskinner »

gray635 wrote: May 14, 2021 1:05 PM There's lots of photos in the Google Photos link above. Apparently some folks can't access that. Sorry for me technical limitations. :oops:

OK....this time it opened up. Car looks super clean.
gray635

Post by gray635 »

The M5 arrived from Seattle yesterday afternoon. I was expecting very good. Actually, based on a quick once-over and short drive, it is better than I had hoped – so that is a nice surprise. LOTS of spare parts, to include an uncracked dashboard. :D

It’ll take me awhile to sort through the parts and figure out exactly what I’ve got. Like a treasure hunt & early Christmas rolled into one. Lots of M5 specific trim parts, 2 sets of shadowlined taillights (one take-off set that is very good and one NOS set), euro headlights and grills, belts, hoses, 4 large plastic trays full of hardware, plugs, screws, grommets, new M5 grill badge, etc. The "M5 Parts Department" that came with the car is pretty cool and quite a bonus. One of the prior owners spent tons of money stocking up on spares when they were still readily available.

Thanks to CEK for hooking me up on this deal. Top-notch seller and a very pleasant transaction. Glad to get back in an e28 again. :banana: :banana:
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

gray635 wrote: May 07, 2021 2:33 PM No, it's not Bill Gates old ride. But I think that perhaps some Microsoft money might have been involved! :D

Here's a Google Photos link of the seller's photos if anyone's interested:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... DD508044D6

I still can't figure out how to post photos on the board ever since KillerPM took down the uploader!
It's easy, but not with Google. Sometimes I can figure out how to do it with them, but not this time. https://imgur.com/ seems to be the preferred no strings attached way to do it for free.
cek

Post by cek »

gray635 wrote: Jun 03, 2021 5:12 PM Thanks to CEK for hooking me up on this deal. Top-notch seller and a very pleasant transaction. Glad to get back in an e28 again. :banana: :banana:

Whew!

It's always a little scary connecting folks like this, but I'm always happy to do it and glad it has all worked out this time.
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

Very nice! Let me know when you want to sell it. Haha!
gray635

Post by gray635 »

cek wrote: Jun 04, 2021 1:27 AM
gray635 wrote: Jun 03, 2021 5:12 PM Thanks to CEK for hooking me up on this deal. Top-notch seller and a very pleasant transaction. Glad to get back in an e28 again. :banana: :banana:

Whew!

It's always a little scary connecting folks like this, but I'm always happy to do it and glad it has all worked out this time.
Charlie: Yeah, it's a lot like recommending a pricey restaurant to a friend and the food turns out to be over-priced and crappy the night they show up! :D But this deal was a resounding success for both parties, I think.

David: I think this one is probably a keeper, but with me, you never know. I've sold some pretty nice cars through the years - many of which I wish I had back. :( :(

I've got me a Friday afternoon beer and about to start the "treasure hunt" with my new parts stash!
geordi

Post by geordi »

dsmith wrote: Jun 04, 2021 7:16 AM Very nice! Let me know when you want to sell it. Haha!
There's always Roy W M5 David ;)
gray635

Post by gray635 »

^^^ Hey, George!

Roy has a fine M5. Reached out to Roy and didn't hear back. Pulled the trigger on this one before Roy got back to me. :(

There is some chance Roy might be willing to part with his car but I am sure it would be premium $. Certainly more than I paid for this M5, but worth it, no doubt.
alpinass

Post by alpinass »

Mike,

That looks like a Hartge body kit. The paint looks amazing - Impressive! Plus you get a perfect dashboard to boot. Wait until the BBS RS 211's on fitted on there - BAD to the bone!
gray635

Post by gray635 »

Paul:

It is a Hartge body kit. It may well be one of yours! Some folks have called this an "M5 with an identity crisis" - which I think is funny and pretty accurate. Perhaps a bit less so once the Alpinas are replaced. She's got a lot going on.

The paint, to use CEK's description when he contacted me about the car, is "freakin' fantastic!" And it is very, very good for a base/clear respray - glass out job done to a high standard. Modesta ceramic coating after paint correction and PPF on the hood, front fenders and mirrors. Nice - no paint chips. While I would obviously prefer good original paint, I'd rather have a high quality base/clear respray than poor original single stage.

I like the 17" Alpina wheels a lot but think the BBS RS211's you sold me, once refinished by Ehrlich Wheelworks with black bolts and some Michelin rubber, will really take the car up a notch.

The car has an appointment with German Car Repair in N. Atlanta (GREAT shop for our old cars, BTW) for the week of August 16 to get the crack-free dash installed and some other minor sorting completed. I hope the RS wheels will be finished by that point and then installed. Great fun! :D
AlfaGuy

Post by AlfaGuy »

Great find with the Milano. I am in Nor Cal and have a couple of older Alfas also. I have never owned a Milano but it should be a blast to drive.
gray635

Post by gray635 »

Nice to find another Alfa guy on this BMW board! :D I'm pretty active on the AlfaBB - that is where I found my Milano. Nice folks there who have been very helpful to me with my car. The Milano is the most fun I've ever had with about 130hp. Cool, quirky, interesting little car.