SOLD: 1982 733i $1000

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
amagansa

SOLD: 1982 733i $1000

Post by amagansa »

SOLD

With the purchase of another vehicle, the time has come to sell my e23. I cannot give it the attention it needs. It may be better as a parts car, or slowly restore it.

1982 BMW 733i, A/T
VIN: WBAFF4407C7367108
150XXX miles. Odometer was working up until about 200 miles ago.
Clean Title, just passed smog last week, registration good until May 2020.
From the information that I gathered, it's been in California its entire life since purchased new in Mountain View.
I believe my uncle bought it from the original owner in the 90's, sold it to his brother maybe 10 years ago, then I acquired it 3 years ago.

Repairs/replacements that I have done:
New valve cover gasket and Oil pressure switch 8 months ago
New battery about 6 months ago
New brake accumulator ~1 year ago
Reman power steering pump ~1 year ago
Brake booster rebuilt by Jay Stratton ~1 year ago
New rear pads and rotors along with parking brake shoes ~1 year ago
New front pads and rotors ~1 year ago
Exhaust leak at resonator was repaired in order to pass smog about 3 years ago
New thermostat/thermostat housing/water pump/I believe CTS/cooling system flush ~1 year ago
Replaced 2 belts, left off A/C belt since it was nonoperational anyway
Spark plugs and wires probably 2 years ago
Had the driver fender re-cleared 2 years ago, you can still see some masking marks left
I don't remember the wheel type, but I put on some e24 mesh wheels and used longer wheel studs. They have been curbed before
Tires are getting up there in age, but still have plenty of life.

Now, here is a list of things that are wrong with the car. As I said before, it may be better as a parts car.
It is missing an air pump. Passed smog with my guy, but a keener/stricter smog tech will probably notice.
Climate control is completely non-operational. No heater, no AC.
Manual comfort seat does not slide back/forth, seats themselves are getting worn
Windshield has a crack, dash cracked
Engine temperature gauge fluctuates. Does not get to red. I suspect fan clutch or radiator.
I lost the key for a few months, so I removed the glove box lock in an attempt to try to get a key made for it, then it fell apart. So glovebox stays open.
The front passenger door got stuck and there was no other option but to trash the door panel and get it opened. Door now opens/closes fine.
CLS is getting tired. Sometimes it unlock all doors, other times just the one.
May need front hubs. You can feel the pulsation when braking and pads/rotors can be ruled out unless I just got a bad set.
Radio has been replaced with some sub-par cheapie stereo system. Antenna is stuck at midpoint.
Sunroof is stuck, left side guide has gotten stuck I believe. You can see how it looks in the pictures. It can slide completely back, but you need to force it back
Original paint is fading and has gotten a few dings and scratches over the years.
I believe one of the motor mounts needs to be replaced. Looks to me like the engine vibrates a little too much.