Parting out a Lincoln

Finally, a home for all you 524td oil burners out there.
1towman

Parting out a Lincoln

Post by 1towman »

Hey if someone is looking for some parts I have a Lincoln that is up for grabs just need to know what you might need. Not sure if it runs but all the bits are available.,
gadget73

Re: Parting out a Lincoln

Post by gadget73 »

Is it a 4 door Continental by chance? If it is, I really would love to get my hands on the gauge bezel that says Diesel Fuel Only. Unfortunately the 2 door Mark VII doesn't use the same dash trim.
1towman

Post by 1towman »

Yes it's a 4 door. Is it the whole instrument cluster or just the fuel gauge you're wanting?
gadget73

Post by gadget73 »

The panel over the gauges, but its one large part that goes across the entire width of the dash. Unless for some reason the rectangle right in front of the steering wheel has come loose. If thats the case, I can probably glue it into my original.

I realize shipping that would be very difficult but if you'd be willing to try to get it to New Jersey I'm willing to pay you for the effort.

I'd also be very interested in the diesel owner's manual supplement, if it happens to be around. I've never seen one, but supposedly diesel cars got a second owner's manual that explains all the diesel stuff. I have the standard owner's manual.
gadget73

Post by gadget73 »

oh, I'd also be interested in the power mirror switch on the driver's door. Its a one-year one-model switch for unclear reasons.
1towman

Post by 1towman »

Ok I have the piece pulled that goes all the way across the dash. Can't help with the owners manual it's not in the car. l will check tomorrksow and see if the switch works. If you would like for me to send you a picture send me your email address. thanx, ben

bendixon1957@gmail.com
gadget73

Post by gadget73 »

appreciate it. Email inbound.