Liquidating my collection

Finally, a home for all you 524td oil burners out there.
OilBurner524TD

Liquidating my collection

Post by OilBurner524TD »

Hi all,
I've got 2- 524tds, one being a eurospec'd 5 speed car and the other being the standard US car. I've come to the realization that 1. I don't drive them. 2. The euro spec one is a project that I'll never finish. It is a tough realization to grasp, but hey, at least someone else will get to enjoy them.
The main question I have is; what in the world are they worth?
I'm not trying to get top dollar, but I would like to pass them along to someone who appreciates them, while also recoup some of the endless amounts of money I've spent over the years on them.

The breakdown:
1986 524td Alpineweiss 215k miles. Euro bumper conversion. Automatic. New tires. PO did the timing belt in 2019. Runs and drives fantastic. The front seats are not Pacific Blue but they have the sheepskin seat covers on them that BMW offered as a dealership option from back in the 80s to hide the mismatched colors. The AC holds a vacuum but when you charge it, it acts as if the orifice tube is clogged. I have a complete 5 speed swap kit I sourced over the years for it as well. Multiple sets of rims; from stock to fancy pants aftermarket. Clean title, registered, etc etc.

The 1984 Euro spec'd 524td. 152k miles. It is the base model with the sport seats. Manual windows, locks, seats and no sunroof! I got it on a trade a few years ago from a friend who sent it to a shop to get it to run right, and it came back from the shop with these words "Idk it has bent valves or something" I took on the project, sourced a known good engine, swapped them out..then I went to replace the injection pump with a euro one. I tried to do it without the cam hold tool and the timing jumped. I got frustrated with myself for rushing the job, and here she sits. I have the original engine, IP, and at least 1 other euro style IP. (fully mechanical) The title work is a little funny, but it has a trail of paperwork and just needs a CA DMV VIN verification. The story goes; it was brought in from Oregon to CA a few years back, my friend got all the paperwork together and started the process at the same time the car stopped running right. So it is all there just needs to be completed. My plans were obviously the same. Get it running and then finish the paperwork. I can provide all paperwork necessary to make it easy.

I'm sure I have a whole extra pile of parts that I'm forgetting about. But I got a lot of crap.

I would really appreciate some insight here. Photos in the link below.
Thanks everyone

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JKY5msf7rRTZcYaN7
TimeMerchant

Re: Liquidating my collection

Post by TimeMerchant »

I am turning my 524td into an art car and could use some parts. specifically the manual swap parts/kit. Eg pedals, trans, etc. that you have acquired over the years. My 524td is going under the knife for a manual swap. :laugh:

I'm interested in a few other parts, hopefully, we can do business soon.
Heres some old pictures of my 524td
https://www.instagram.com/time.merchant/

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7ACTBNrQpf5QAtwm7
dasklein

Post by dasklein »

I'm interested in the Alpineweiss car with the manual swap hardware. Any additional photos? Details on the swap parts (like just hardware and pedals or with trans)

We should chat. I'm in the SF Bay Area (east bay specifically). You're in Nevada City?

BTW, nice flying brick... I'm currently building a k1100, cafe style. I also spy a /5?
OilBurner524TD

Post by OilBurner524TD »

Good eye! That is a project R75/5 as well as my high mileage commuter K75. (Both of which will be for sale shortly as well) I have a bit of an affliction with the Bavarian vehicles it seems. I just recently sold the white car, but all the swap bits are still up for grabs, as well as the rims/tires. The swap bits include: trans from an 528e, pedal box, mounting hardware, hard and soft lines, master and slave cylinders. I'm sure there is more but I can't think of it off the top of my head. It should be everything needed for the swap. I'm going to be getting the black euro spec car legal/running/sorted in the coming months. However it is is still available in its current state. PM me for my phone number and we can chat about bits and bops!
TimeMerchant

Post by TimeMerchant »

Since I mostly lurk and forgot the password to my old account, I cant PM you. Mind shooting me one, if it is available. I registered on the roll call as Medasword a looong time ago.
Rennfarher

Post by Rennfarher »

Wondering if you had any mechanical injection pumps in your collection you’d be willing to get rid of? My m51’s is going bad and would like to see if I can’t replace it with a mechanical one!