sensored injector question?

Finally, a home for all you 524td oil burners out there.
kingoftarmace2004

sensored injector question?

Post by kingoftarmace2004 »

Ive seen and read that the injector with the sensor output is placed on #4 cylinder. Real oem says the same. but my cars ass swell as pictures shows the injector on #6 cylinder. What does YOUR CAR have? Much input or personal experience told would be nice! Thanks! -Paul
gadget73

Re: sensored injector question?

Post by gadget73 »

On Lincolns with the electronic pump it has one on 4 and one on 5. The one on #4 is for the computer, #5 is for the fuel economy display. Mine is non-electronic so my fancy injector is #5.

I believe the special injector is used as a feedback for injection pump timing control. Having it on the wrong cylinder might mess with that. Not honestly sure what the controller might do, but I'd guess it would see the timing as being very early so you'd end up with the pump being retarded.
kingoftarmace2004

really thats it? all you 524td guys cant look under the hood and tell me which cylinder your signal injector is on? GEEZ, I thought you were getting paid to stay home. -Paul
danix

Post by danix »

realoem is correct. I have never seen it on the #6 cylinder.
kingoftarmace2004

Danix you are the man! and the response Ive been locking for. ORRRR your like "F this guy" let him melt a piston.... DUN DUN DUUUUUUN Thanks! -Paul
danix

Post by danix »

Just for you, I went and verified mine. Counting from the radiator, my "special" injector is the #4 cylinder ( 3rd from the back of the motor). It's this way on every 524td I've ever seen, which is a whopping total of two.
kingoftarmace2004

cool. right on danix Thanks for doing that! I will overnight a 6 pack to you. -Paul