source for connector shells?

Finally, a home for all you 524td oil burners out there.
gadget73

source for connector shells?

Post by gadget73 »

Does anyone have a source for the plastic connector housings for the crank position sensor? I can find the harness side female connector everywhere, I need the sensor side male plug. Mine is missing, the 3 wires are just plugged straight into the harness side connector. I don't really want to buy a whole new sensor just for the plug.
jc72

Re: source for connector shells?

Post by jc72 »

I think the plastic is molded around the pins on the sensor side, making the connector not replaceable. If yours are that old you should preventatively replace them, if one of them fails it is a no start situation.
gadget73

Post by gadget73 »

I was hoping to not get that answer. Considering I can't find it at all you may be right.

This one isn't a computer controlled injection pump, so not sure how much the CPS actually does. The plug had fallen apart sometime before I got the car and the pins were stuffed into the harness connector.
BillW in StL

Post by BillW in StL »

Since all of our car-side CPS connectors will eventually crumble, what are the options?
gadget73

Post by gadget73 »

Car side is fairly easy

https://www.kiwiconnectors.com/kiwi-mot ... -connector

for example. Its called a JPT or Junior Power Time connector. Lots of sources for 3 pin female connectors.