What's a "Beamter"?

Frequently asked questions about how to be a successful poster here at MyE28.com.
Catalyst
Beamter
Beamter

What's a "Beamter"?

Post by Catalyst »

So what the heck is a beamter, anyway? It's a German word with many translations including "appointee", "functionary", and "civil servant".

The board will continue on with its current principles of uncensored speech and free exchange of ideas. What's the function of a beamter, then? To help the users of this board use it to its full capacity. Just because they show up as a "moderator" in the forum software does not mean that's what they are under traditional forum rules.

These people are here to help people search effectively, help them post, whatever is necessary. If you've got a question about the forum software and you're too shy to post it for whatever reason, please feel free to ask one of us.

The comments section is still available for general technical issues.

The present Beamter staff (in alphabetical order):

Active
Booker
Brad D.
Jeremy
Justin_FL
mooseheadm5
Shawn D.
tsmall07

Semi-Retired
Skeen
Last edited by Catalyst on Jan 11, 2013 9:38 PM, edited 9 times in total.
the Tanned One

the Team

Post by the Tanned One »

Glad to see Shawn`s there to help mE with my sPeling & sucH :rofl: Randy/ 8)
robeyff

Re: the Team

Post by robeyff »

the Tanned One wrote:Glad to see Shawn`s there to help mE with my sPeling & sucH :rofl: Randy/ 8)
I are good feeling that also about. Correkt speeling is impotent. ;)
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Shawn D. »

robeyff wrote:
the Tanned One wrote:Glad to see Shawn`s there to help mE with my sPeling & sucH :rofl: Randy/ 8)
I are good feeling that also about. Correkt speeling is impotent. ;)
I've made a few choice auto-corrections (i.e. "brake fluid" automatically changes to "brake fluid"), but I certainly don't have the time to fix spelling and grammar for everybody! Just keeping up with BNC, Duke, or RussC individually would be too much to handle!
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Jeremy »

Shawn D. wrote: I've made a few choice auto-corrections (i.e. "brake fluid" automatically changes to "brake fluid")
Your intentional misspelling got corrected by your own auto-corrector!! :rofl: :rofl:

Priceless!
psportoveloce

Post by psportoveloce »

Is it also part of your lexicon-improving scheme to have the name of the cars produced by the German sportscar company in Stuttgart (built in a factory called Zuffenhausen and tested at a facility called Weissach, you know the ones...) changed to 'Porch'?

Just curious...
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Jeremy »

Not anymore . . . :up:
psportoveloce

Post by psportoveloce »

well hot-dog! now that's service!
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Shawn D. »

Jeremy wrote:
Shawn D. wrote: I've made a few choice auto-corrections (i.e. "brake fluid" automatically changes to "brake fluid")
Your intentional misspelling got corrected by your own auto-corrector!! :rofl: :rofl:

Priceless!
Hahahaha... I didn't catch that one! As I'd done before, I should have written it like "'b-r-e-a-k fluid' automatically changes to 'b-r-a-k-e fluid'." :)
ChronicX

Post by ChronicX »

Shawn D. wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

Priceless!
Hahahaha... I didn't catch that one! As I'd done before, I should have written it like "'b-r-e-a-k fluid' automatically changes to 'b-r-a-k-e fluid'." :)
nice... i love it. so what if i say 'im afraid to break my car'? or is it just brake fluid as a whole phrase? I guess ill see

edit-> haha sweet... im amused :laugh: