M-racer's old 535i on ebay

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
Dana R

M-racer's old 535i on ebay

Post by Dana R »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Tru ... 240%3A1318

I remember seeing this car at Bavauto about 3 years ago after Tim sold it to a guy in NH. This is a hell of a deal for a very sorted car.
landspeed

Post by landspeed »

BIN price almost seems too low considering the amount of car your getting. Just gorgous.
m-racer

Re: M-racer's old 535i on ebay

Post by m-racer »

Dana R wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Tru ... 240%3A1318

I remember seeing this car at Bavauto about 3 years ago after Tim sold it to a guy in NH. This is a hell of a deal for a very sorted car.
That is my old car. It has seen about 30k since I owned it so I cannot speak for the current condition. I lost track of it when the guy I sold it to sold it. It was a great example at the time. It was very similar in handling and performance to the Alpina B9. My ( daily driver at the time) E36 M3 would not keep up with the car. Stopped better than any E28 I have driven. It had a few issues. It had a pesky leak when it rained. Could never figure out if it was leaking from the windshield or from someplace close to the firewall. I sold it before I got it sorted out. I informed the new owner about the problem. Don't know if he dealt with it or not. That would be of concern to me because of the obvious corrosion implications. One of the slide controls for the HVAC was broken and the Alpina spoiler was very low. I had it refinished at least twice. Made a little more valve noise (Memphis Motorworks said it was because of the cam) than I liked, but I never had any mechanical problems once I got the car sorted out. Pluses were all the obvious performance stuff, the paint was great and has Euro bumpers, had it had new OE leather in the front and a new OE headliner. I spent a ton of money on the car. I sent the owner some questions, but he has not responded. My sense is that those are old pics. If he has taken care of the car and the few issues are resolved, it should be a fine example. I hate that he scuffed my RK's and the car deserves better rubber. It had new Pilots on it when I sold it. I'd hate to tell you how much money I spent on that one. I believe Ted is going to take a look to check the condition. By the way, before you guys convinced me that E28's aren't worth much, I sold that car for 18.5k. 8)
TodB

Question

Post by TodB »

Sounds like a neat car for a very reasonable price.

Question: What is it running for a chip to take advantage of the different mods?
m-racer

Re: Question

Post by m-racer »

TodB wrote:Sounds like a neat car for a very reasonable price.

Question: What is it running for a chip to take advantage of the different mods?
Custom chip.
TodB

chip

Post by TodB »

Who burned the chip? Was it someone in NH?
m-racer

Re: chip

Post by m-racer »

TodB wrote:Who burned the chip? Was it someone in NH?
Autothority
qcktvr

My v nice 85 535i is on ebay

Post by qcktvr »

Hi Everyone, I did post a note today that my 85 535i is listed on ebay.
I had never spoken to the earlier owner who has made several comments that I would like to address.
1. His question came to me through ebay and a detailed response was posted there on the 26th for all to see.
2. I have not "scuffed" the rims, in fact they are way cleaner in the back than when I purchased the car, there is just 1 very small , no more than 3/4" long scatch on one, difficult to find.
3. They had worn out Kuhmo 712's when I bought it, less than 6k miles after Tim sold it, I replaced them with a second set of the same, an okay tyre but far from great and poor in the wet, these General/Continentals are unbeatable for the $$$s, see the reviews at tirerack.com.
4. Yes, I do drive it in the rain and it certainly does not leak now.
5. The pictures are very recent, taken in August, when I bought the R32 and parked the e28 in the garage.
6. Yes the valves were on the noisy side, but again not anymore.
7. All heater controls present and functional, I had the ac upgraded to R134.
8. He is correct about the performance, handling and brakes, if not what tyres it deserves, it is very easy to surprise modern cars with this one, especially if you know how to drive.
Not a new car, but gorgeous. I am 60yrs old, could have bought a new BMW, but I like what I like, and that includes old BMWs and awd fast cars.
Thanks for the interest and good comments
Regards, Trevor Topley Elora ON (416.428.3666cell)
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

If I was in the market, this car would be mine. Good luck.
m-racer

Re: My v nice 85 535i is on ebay

Post by m-racer »

qcktvr wrote:Hi Everyone, I did post a note today that my 85 535i is listed on ebay.
I had never spoken to the earlier owner who has made several comments that I would like to address.
1. His question came to me through ebay and a detailed response was posted there on the 26th for all to see.
2. I have not "scuffed" the rims, in fact they are way cleaner in the back than when I purchased the car, there is just 1 very small , no more than 3/4" long scatch on one, difficult to find.
3. They had worn out Kuhmo 712's when I bought it, less than 6k miles after Tim sold it, I replaced them with a second set of the same, an okay tyre but far from great and poor in the wet, these General/Continentals are unbeatable for the $$$s, see the reviews at tirerack.com.
5. The pictures are very recent, taken in August, when I bought the R32 and parked the e28 in the garage.
8. He is correct about the performance, handling and brakes, if not what tyres it deserves, it is very easy to surprise modern cars with this one, especially if you know how to drive.
Not a new car, but gorgeous. I am 60yrs old, could have bought a new BMW, but I like what I like, and that includes old BMWs and awd fast cars.
Trevor, Thanks for the comments. I posted this before I heard back from you on the issues I mentioned here. It has obviously been a long time since I have seen the car. It had Michelin Pilots on it when I sold it. The Kumho's (which I didn't like either) were mostly worn and went with the car. I threw them in as a spare set.Perhaps the guy you bought it from sold the new tires. Glad the leak is fixed. I suspect it was in the windshield gasket and disclosed it when I sold it. Sounds like he adressed it.It also needed brakes when I sold it, but I am sure he adressed those before you got the car. Glad the wheels are still in good shape as they are NLA. I am curious about the change to R-134. The AC had been redone and the R12 system was working fine when I sold it. What else did you replace with the conversion? I am also curious about the installation of a cat, as it did not have one when I sold it. It was always a splendid car and I couldn't be happier to hear that it is in good condition. I am hoping Ted will have time to take a look and report back to us with his opinion. Tim
shagrath

Post by shagrath »

Atleast it doesn't leak anymore. How much was the OEM windshield?
Ted in T.O.

Post by Ted in T.O. »

qcktvr wrote:Hi Everyone, I did post a note today that my 85 535i is listed on ebay.
Trevor. Can you please bring the car to the BBQ this Saturday November 1st at my place for 1pm.Of course your wife is also welcome to join you. I would love to report back to the E28 community with regards to your car. It looked great at Sheffield in 2005 and it probably looks great today also.
Yours Truly. Ted Kalman ;)

1837 Medallion Court
Mississauga,Ontario,L5J-2L6
1-905-823-0741
m-racer

Post by m-racer »

stikrz wrote:Atleast it doesn't leak anymore. How much was the OEM windshield?
If you are going to use that avatar, please stay the fuck out of this thread and any others that I have anything to do with. Racist, biggoted horseshit.
m-racer

Post by m-racer »

Ted in T.O. wrote:
Trevor. Can you please bring the car to the BBQ this Saturday November 1st at my place for 1pm.Of course your wife is also welcome to join you. I would love to report back to the E28 community with regards to your car. It looked great at Sheffield in 2005 and it probably looks great today also.
Yours Truly. Ted Kalman ;)

1837 Medallion Court
Mississauga,Ontario,L5J-2L6
1-905-823-0741
Ted, I hope he shows up. It would be grat to know what kin d of shape she is in. Tim
skip535i

Post by skip535i »

m-racer wrote:
If you are going to use that avatar, please stay the fuck out of this thread and any others that I have anything to do with. Racist, biggoted horseshit.
Angry, much?
Tammer in Philly

Post by Tammer in Philly »

skip535i wrote:
m-racer wrote:
Angry, much?
Rightly so in this case.

To keep this on-topic, I wish I were in the market. I might be buying a daily driver sometime soon, but this wouldn't be it for where I live. Beautiful car.

-tammer
Ted in T.O.

Post by Ted in T.O. »

Sorry Tim but Trevor will not be coming to the BBQ today. It was too much of a bother to get the car insured for a couple of days. It sounds like he might have a buyer for it. Stay tuned folks. Hopefully Trevor will chime in if and when its sold. Gotta go back out to the garage and get the new 3:73 back in before the BBQ starts. ARRGGGHHH! Had problems last night lining up the 2 top diff carrier bolts. :x Ted
m-racer

Post by m-racer »

skip535i wrote:
m-racer wrote:
Angry, much?
Not sure why you feel the need to insert yourself in this, but if you find that avatar acceptable, I suggest that you follow the above directions as well.
Last edited by m-racer on Nov 01, 2008 6:53 PM, edited 4 times in total.
m-racer

Post by m-racer »

Ted in T.O. wrote:Sorry Tim but Trevor will not be coming to the BBQ today. It was too much of a bother to get the car insured for a couple of days. It sounds like he might have a buyer for it. Stay tuned folks. Hopefully Trevor will chime in if and when its sold. Gotta go back out to the garage and get the new 3:73 back in before the BBQ starts. ARRGGGHHH! Had problems last night lining up the 2 top diff carrier bolts. :x Ted
Thanks Ted, Hope you guys have a great day and that the car ends up in good hands. Tim
bigdaddy

Wow...

Post by bigdaddy »

I don't know what to think of all this....political views are obviously very personal. Nothing to joke about....folks try to be civil...vulgarity is ugly...not that I'm a Saint....just hate seeing it on the board....i come here for fun and enjoyment...this is a downer

fwiw......
rlomba8204

Post by rlomba8204 »

What a great looking car. Too bad the guy is in Canada.
m-racer

Re: Wow...

Post by m-racer »

bigdaddy wrote:I don't know what to think of all this....political views are obviously very personal. Nothing to joke about....folks try to be civil...vulgarity is ugly...not that I'm a Saint....just hate seeing it on the board....i come here for fun and enjoyment...this is a downer

fwiw......
I am curious if you find the depiction of a Black member of the United States Senate and Presidential candidate pictured in front of a banner of obvious communist symbols, or my language to be, as you put it, "vulgar"? I don't consider the depiction civil, or humorous, or clever. I find it replusive, racist and inflamatory. So there you go. I don't want it anywhere near me or anything I write or participate in. Hope that clears it up for you. It is not about politics. It is about what you are willing to tolerate. So there you go.
bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy »

plz see offline PM
draztik

Post by draztik »

I loved reading the history of this car. It really amazes me how tight this community is and makes me proud to own an e28. It's hard to put a price tag on something you love. If I had the money I would love to own that car.