M30 Headers

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
MonsterCntye34

M30 Headers

Post by MonsterCntye34 »

APRIL 8TH 2019 UPDATE

I've been away from the forum for sometime. Let's do it again shall we?

Good News. I have plenty of inventory to get these out as fast as the orders come in.

Bad News. Last time this Group buy was updated. I was working on a new designed set of Headers for the M30 variant. They were produced. But with the small demand vs. the price point.
Schmiedmann discontinued the product. However I was informed that the info we put together transcended over to the S-Tech headers. Last of the unfortuate news, like most things nowadays, the price has gone up.

Schmiedmann offers them at roughly 330-340 shipped CONUS

I can do 300 shipped CONUS

I've have been offering this on Facebook but I had to bring this back home to the family.

All are BNIB 6-2
Excellent construction welds are solid.
Not Chinese or ebay headers.
Comes with gasket and a warranty.

Do I have a business? Yes.
Are they on my site? Yes.
Am I plugging these for my site? No

This is strictly a myE28.com thing.
I just want to give back for all the years of help and information I received for my m30 born E34 before it being totaled.

If your interested and willing to pull the trigger pm me for paypal info

I am also along time Schmiedmann vendor. If your interested in any else Schmiedmann has pm me.
All e28 items will be by inquiry only again to keep the cost down for you guys.

Thanks for all they years of assistance, fun, and everything m30.
Last edited by MonsterCntye34 on Apr 08, 2019 2:45 PM, edited 15 times in total.
Tony533i

Re: M30 Headers

Post by Tony533i »

They look like an interesting deal. Have you installed any yet?

Schmiedmann could not have picked a nicer car to install them on for the photo :)

Tony
ahab

Post by ahab »

Tony533i wrote:Schmiedmann could not have picked a nicer car to install them on for the photo :) Tony
That's fucking funny

That aside, it looks like a great deal. I think it would help immensely to have some before and after dyno results with these installed. If you can prove a power gain, as well as umm, a better looking engine bay, for $250, these things will sell themselves. I've been a believer that long tube headers suit the M30 better but these would definitely be worth the price of admission if you can substantiate some performance gains. Do you know where they're made?
clipper47

Post by clipper47 »

Good deal for sure if just for the eye any effect but not for me unless they make some performance improvement.
MonsterCntye34

Post by MonsterCntye34 »

Tony533i wrote:They look like an interesting deal. Have you installed any yet?

Schmiedmann could not have picked a nicer car to install them on for the photo :)

Tony
LOL!!! I Know not the best example for them to use. :rofl:
Yes I had a set on my e34 m30 before it was totaled out.
As far as a difference in performance compared to the stock anchors. From a butt dyno stand point, there definitely was a improvement.
I also had some other smaller mods going on with the car so for me it brought everything else together.
(B10 style reverse intake manifold, 24lb injectors, Dinan chip, rebuilt head, magnaflow cat, reso delete)

To answer your question about origin of manufacturer. IIRC Nordborg or Odense has a shop where they are manufactured.
I didn't trust the integrity of Chinese knockoffs. For I heard they had weld issues.
So before I bought my set last year it was one of the first questions I asked. They lasted up until my car was struck. Now they are the proud
property of some Craiglister.
bkbimmer

Post by bkbimmer »

Payment sent.
Click

Post by Click »

What are the odds this fits an m30 swapped e30?
lobster rodeo

Post by lobster rodeo »

Click wrote:What are the odds this fits an m30 swapped e30?
I believe it's more dependent on which engine mounts you're using. The Garagistic ones claim that you can aftermarket headers on them, as do the ones made by FEAR on r3v.
Lucas_Roehr

Post by Lucas_Roehr »

DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! DYNO! :pics!:
foolish

Post by foolish »

I bought a set of these to install in my m30/e30 but found that the Bavuto headers fit a lot more easily with just pounding the firewall and grinding down a casting protrusion on the block. The Schmeidmann headers hit my Good n Tight motor mount and had the wrong angle at the collector exit. They looked like decent quality however. I sold them and wondered how they performed.
TheGraye28

Post by TheGraye28 »

PM'd
///Mflossin

Post by ///Mflossin »

foolish wrote:I bought a set of these to install in my m30/e30 but found that the Bavuto headers fit a lot more easily with just pounding the firewall and grinding down a casting protrusion on the block. The Schmeidmann headers hit my Good n Tight motor mount and had the wrong angle at the collector exit. They looked like decent quality however. I sold them and wondered how they performed.
Really....you have to pound the firewall and grind to get Bavauto headers to fit? Shit....I might as well buy the Supersprint header then since Tubular wants $800 for a header.
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

Do these fit the E28? The picture is an E34 and I've heard about some fitment issues (but not sure which way E28 -> E34 or E34 -> E28).
MonsterCntye34

Post by MonsterCntye34 »

jimoreno wrote:Do these fit the E28? The picture is an E34 and I've heard about some fitment issues (but not sure which way E28 -> E34 or E34 -> E28).
Yeah we all agree the pic isn't the best pic to use.
They fit all m30 born chassis.

http://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-e28/1 ... uct=SCMM30
http://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-e24/1 ... uct=SCMM30
http://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-e23/1 ... uct=SCMM30
http://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-e34/1 ... uct=SCMM30
http://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-e12/1 ... uct=SCMM30
http://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-e32/1 ... uct=SCMM30
Cornelius Van

Post by Cornelius Van »

I ran these on my E28 535i that I sold recently. Installation was painless and they look and sound great. Would recommend, especially for the price point.

From what I understand, these are basically a copy of old Hartge headers, but don't quote me on that.
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

Did you hooked them up to the stock catalytic converter or used an aftermarket? (or none)
Cornelius Van

Post by Cornelius Van »

Good question; I should've gone into more detail.

When fitting the headers I had a brand new custom fabricated exhaust fitted at the same time. So yes, they do fit without issue in the engine bay, but as to the rest of a factory exhaust system, I cannot speak to that, unfortunately.

Truth be told I can't see why you'd go to headers without also upgrading at least the cat anyway. High flow universal cats are cheaper and will allow your shiny new headers to sing like they should.
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

MonsterCntye34 wrote:Murrah How's this for a little M30 love!!!

Just checking to see if interested. Being most with M30s (including myself before my car was totaled) go the way of FI.
I figured I'd see if there were any interests in these which are for NA m30 cars.

I happen to have access to m30 ss headers. I have access to 12 sets (actually 54 sets) from across the pond.
http://www.schmiedmann.com/en/product/1 ... uct=SCMM30

All are BNIB 6-2
Excellent construction welds are solid.
Not Chinese or ebay headers.
Comes with gasket and a warranty.

I already have one sold and another on the bay in auction. My supplier's retail MAP is 307.95.
I'm selling them for $250 each shipped. Here I will do 230+paypal fee shipped.

Do I have a business. Yes. Are they on my site. Yes. Am I plugging these for the site. No.
This is strictly a m30 thing. I just want to give back for all the years of help and information I received for my m30
before it being totaled.

If your interested and willing to pull the trigger heres my paypal: reina.taylor@yahoo.com

If your interested in any else schmiedmann has pm me. All e28 items will be by inquiry only again to keep the cost down for you guys.

Thanks for all they years of assistance, fun, and everything m30.
Any idea of the outlet size of the adaptor piece? It would be nice to know to look at high flow catalytic converters to piece together!
denisj

Post by denisj »

Email sent, I dont think it worked for me so I also pm'd
foolish

Post by foolish »

I'm not positive but I think the collector was 2" or maybe I'm confusing it with the Bavauto headers?
Brian D

Post by Brian D »

I'd be interested if I knew the size of the primary pipes and the outlet.
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

VERY interested. What would turnaround time be if we ordered them now?
Thanks,
Peter
TheGraye28

Post by TheGraye28 »

The answer is seriously quick. I paid last thursday I think and they were in on Tuesday. Really nice quality. I am super excited to put these on! Thanks again MonsterCntye34!!
TheGraye28

Post by TheGraye28 »

Brian D wrote:I'd be interested if I knew the size of the primary pipes and the outlet.
Primaries are 1.5 and outlets are 2.
Brian D

Post by Brian D »

TheGraye28 wrote:
Primaries are 1.5 and outlets are 2.
Alright, thanks!