Feeler: 1986 528e (parts car) MD/VA area

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
SPF2006

Feeler: 1986 528e (parts car) MD/VA area

Post by SPF2006 »

I have a 1986 528e 5-speed that I have been using as a daily driver. I was going to finish baselining the car and then paint it, but can't follow through on that project right now, and may just keep the 5-speed swap plus a few other parts for another car. I am gauging interest to see if anyone in the area (MD/VA) has need for this as a parts car.

In a nutshell:
- Engine (~250K) has a fresh timing belt and water pump; valve adjustment; belts and hoses; plugs, cap, rotor and wires; and runs well
- Body is largely rust-free (why I bought car to begin with) except for usual spots near the jack points
- Clearcoat has failed, car needs to be re-painted
- Transmission, driveshaft and exhaust are currently off the car

If the car is sold, I plan to keep the following:
Transmission and associated parts for 5-speed swap
Exhaust
Alternator
Starter
In-tank fuel pump
Fan clutch

I replaced the two front seats with e24 comforts in decent shape (small tear in driver's seat). I had to mate them to e28 seat rails to bolt up the seat belts, but still have the original rails -- all motors work. I can sell these separately or together with the car depending on interest.

I do not have the time to part the car out beyond the parts listed above -- car would be sold as-is. Car is currently located in Richmond, VA.

Please shoot me a PM if you are interested. Happy to discuss to whatever level of detail you need.

Thanks, -Charles.

CYoung

PM'd

Post by CYoung »

Sent you a PM! Lets talk as I have a twin to your car looking for a new shell. ;)
SPF2006

Post by SPF2006 »

Shell is spoken for. Moving part-out to a separate thread in the Parts section.